Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
I just imported all of the songs from an album (Archandroid by Janelle Monae) but instead of the tracks all importing in order, several tracks imported separately (each of those featured another artist). When I dragged the album into my iPod Touch, those tracks had to be dragged over separately too. I would like to restore all of them to the original album so I can listen to it in order. How can I do this?
The only way I can think of is to create a playlist with all of the songs in their proper order.

May 8, 2008
You'll need to right click on the track(s) and select 'Get Info' and click on the 'Info' tab and enter in the correct track number on the right.

Using this method, you'll most likely have to renumber every track on the album.

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
Dont think that will work Nathan. iTunes seems to think that this is 5 separate albums-- one with 12 songs by the main artist and then 4 more one song albums with "Janelle Monae and..."
The main album tracks are numbered 1,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,17,18, and the missing numbers 7,14,16,2 are in the separate albums...
I can't drag and drop from those single tune albums into the main album

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
Ooh... I may have done it...
Following your advice I went to GET INFO, then INFO. Under each song titled "Janelle Monae Featuring (artist name)" I deleted the Featuring artist name part. Clicking OK put each one where it belongs, at least in iTunes. I'm synching now...
Drumroll please...
Poop, no luck.

But wait... I deleted all of the songs from my Touch, then dragged them back from my music library, and now they're all right!
Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.