Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kibbe17

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
all of a sudden my ipad dock connector seems to just not be working.. wont charge when plugged into the wall, wont connect to the computer, wont react to anything plugged into it. Not sure what to do.. it is jailbroken so i cannot bring it to an apple store as is, I must get it connected to the computer to restore it. any ideas?:confused: this sucks..:(

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
all of a sudden my ipad dock connector seems to just not be working.. wont charge when plugged into the wall, wont connect to the computer, wont react to anything plugged into it. Not sure what to do.. it is jailbroken so i cannot bring it to an apple store as is, I must get it connected to the computer to restore it. any ideas?:confused: this sucks..:(

Have you ruled out the cable being bad?

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. Apple replaced it on the spot. What you could do is run down the battery then say it won't turn on and that way they won't know it's jailbroken. Or you may get a friendly Genius who will replace it anyway.

greglumley

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2010

Iv'e just had the same thing happen!! It's not the cable and I'm also Jailbroken. Kibbe17 did you ever find a solution for this?

Greg.

Kibbe17

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Iv'e just had the same thing happen!! It's not the cable and I'm also Jailbroken. Kibbe17 did you ever find a solution for this?

Greg.

Yes, not sure if it will be the same for you. But i found out when i turned mine off completly and then plugged the cable into it, it would be forced on by the cable being plugged in. Then i could let it sit, without removing the cable, and let it charge. (Even though it said "Not charging" in the top right. This same method worked for the computer. Shut down the ipad, then plug the cable connected to the computer into the dock connector of the ipad and it should "Force" it on. After being forced on it would connect to the computer and then i could unjailbreak it.. Still havent gotten a chance to go to the apple store "Nearest one is over an hour away" But whenever I need to charge i just have to do that.

Hope this helps.

greglumley

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2010
Thanks!! :)

Hi Kibbe17 Thanks so much for your response! I'll give that a try, frankly if I can charge it properly I'll just leave it as is... I'm in South Africa and they are not available here yet so for me to get it back to the UK is a mission :(

Hope it works I'll give it a bash!

Greg.

Yes, not sure if it will be the same for you. But i found out when i turned mine off completly and then plugged the cable into it, it would be forced on by the cable being plugged in. Then i could let it sit, without removing the cable, and let it charge. (Even though it said "Not charging" in the top right. This same method worked for the computer. Shut down the ipad, then plug the cable connected to the computer into the dock connector of the ipad and it should "Force" it on. After being forced on it would connect to the computer and then i could unjailbreak it.. Still havent gotten a chance to go to the apple store "Nearest one is over an hour away" But whenever I need to charge i just have to do that.

Hope this helps.

NeoCracer

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2009
I have the exact same problem !
Any tips? Is it really broken, should I return it to my premium reseller (We don't have Apple Stores in Belgium)?

I can't get it connected to my MBP... Hopefully I can wipe my iPad from device itself or via MobileMe.
Hopefully I can get it charged although i get 'Not charging'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.