Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dfaust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
I just purchased my first Mac - an i5 MacBook Pro. I ordered a copy of Mobile Me because the store did not have it in stock. Being the impatient type, I signed up for a trial account and have been playing with it for the past several days.

Now my question: I know that I can (1) convert my trial account to a full account by paying an upgrade fee within the MobileMe site; and (2) cancel my trial account prior to the 60 days. I need to know if I can use the purchased software to convert my existing trial account or if I will need to create a new account (and set up all of the stuff over again). Can anyone tell me for sure?

Thanks

Don

nivekr11

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
I just converted mine. In you account settings you have the option to purchase or enter an activation code. When you get the MobileMe box you can enter the code on your account. It will turn your trial account into a regular account.

dfaust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
I just converted mine. In you account settings you have the option to purchase or enter an activation code. When you get the MobileMe box you can enter the code on your account. It will turn your trial account into a regular account.

Thank you! That was the news that I hoped for.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
Never pay Apple for this crap.

Go to Amazon, search for "MobileMe Old Version" and pay 48$ instead of 99$ to renew.

All you need is the key from inside the box you will get shipped.

nivekr11

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Never pay Apple for this crap.

Go to Amazon, search for "MobileMe Old Version" and pay 48$ instead of 99$ to renew.

All you need is the key from inside the box you will get shipped.

I ordered the new version off Amazon and it was cheaper than the old version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.