Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshort

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I've been toying with the idea of mixing my home ISP and getting a Sprint Overdrive Hotspot.. Coverage is fine here and has obvious other benefits. I have a new Apple TV en route.. Would these two work well together? Or at all?

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
I can't get the Sprint Overdrive details page to load in Safari, so this is irrefutable evidence that the device will not at all work with the ATV.

Seriously though, I don't know anything about the product, but assuming it is a router, then I don't see why it wouldn't work to get it an internet signal. I did read some customer reviews complaining that it is very slow, of course this will likely be impacted by which market you live in. And, with any networkable device, you never know how it will behave with another companies router.

My Xbox 360 wireless adapter (made by microsoft) absolutely hated my AEBS. It would connect to the network and then XBox live, but then disconnect constantly. I had to find a different wireless solution for my XBox.

Anyway, I guess the point is that you won't know until you try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.