Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Visually the app is quite nice. It's colorful and seems to have the usual variety of features in very basic Office apps on iOS.

However, it seems to have been ported directly from another mobile operating system with no thought for iOS at all. I'm not going to attempt to explore its features and limitations for text editing because right now it's all irrelevant.

The "Help" mentions how to move documents to and from SD cards!

There's no way to export documents from the app. At all. It gives you the physical pathway to where the doc is stored - where only jailbreakers could go - but there's no way to mail docs out or open them in other apps.

I've demanded my money back.

Meanwhile, do not buy this app. It's not for us and I have no idea how it got through the approval process.

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
Visually the app is quite nice. It's colorful and seems to have the usual variety of features in very basic Office apps on iOS.

However, it seems to have been ported directly from another mobile operating system with no thought for iOS at all. I'm not going to attempt to explore its features and limitations for text editing because right now it's all irrelevant.

The "Help" mentions how to move documents to and from SD cards!

There's no way to export documents from the app. At all. It gives you the physical pathway to where the doc is stored - where only jailbreakers could go - but there's no way to mail docs out or open them in other apps.

I'm torn between demanding my money back or waiting till the developers wake up and make massive changes.

Meanwhile, do not buy this app. It's not for us and I have no idea how it got through the approval process.

I suggest that you make a complaint to Apple... Sounds like they should not have allowed the app to be released.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Yes, I did in the end, just after I posted the above. I don't mind waiting for cheaper apps to improve but this one goes a bit too far and isn't cheap.

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2010
Thanks for posting this - I've looked at the app and debated buying it, and only the complete lack of any info on either app store or website stopped me doing it.

Hope you get your refund as it sounds like a ridiculously badly written app....

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I complained to Apple and the developer and heard nothing back. That was five days ago. So we'll see.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
For the record, neither Apple (two emails) nor the developers have got back to me, after 12 days.

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
well that sucks... I've spoken to apple about a number of issues and they have always responded very quickly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.