Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Haven't seen this feature mentioned.

Click on the more icon under any movie and you'll see a list of actors and I think directors even.

Select the actor you like and instantly see all the other Netflix movies that actor is in. I think it was the same for the director.

If you see a movie you want to watch in the list click its icon to view it.

Powerful stuff.

Of course you can also search for the movie you want under search. Slow with the remote though, but often a few letters is all it takes for the show you're looking for to come up.

rsmith652

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
WiiDSmoker said:
Yep. This is simply the best Netflix integration I've ever seen and I have it on my PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, iPhone, and iPad.

Same here. By far the best netflix experience I've had. I also have a roku player.

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
I thought it was poor for this one thing - it doesn't seem to be able to resume where you were from other players. I watch on my ps3/iphone/ipad. If I stop watching something on my ps3, when I fire up the iphone app, I'm prompted if I want to resume the movie I was watching.

The Apple TV didn't seem to do this at all, nor did it even know what episode I was on in a couple series that I pulled up. I thought it would be a better netflix integration than my ps3, but it isn't.

I don't really buy much iTunes content, so I will most likely be returning this.

JimKirk

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2009
It did resume for me

It only lists those movies if they are streamable right?

Other movies not in the streaming catalog probably will not show up.

I watched Star Trek streamed from Netflix and it looked good.

Also search is slow in their ipad app and web site.

dazex

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
This is definitely a nice feature and glad to see it in the ATV2 interface. Wish it went one step further though. On my XBMC, I not only get this feature but it also pulls the actors photo from IMDB.

For instance, I was watching Serenity yesterday and was talking with my wife about a couple of actors who I was trying to place in other movie I vaguely remember seeing them in. Without the photo, I wasn't able to easily match the name to the person's face in the movie. Hopefully stuff like this will be added in the future. Or more likely, via a jailbreak.

S-Man

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2009
Houston
Is a netflix interface available on the Old ATV?
I'm thinking of getting a 160 Gig ATV and want to know the options.
Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.