Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

^^ CoolMacLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
On A Apple
Can someone explain in detail the exact differences between the interface of TV 1 and TV 2.

From what I can understand...

TV 1 was like this:
Movies - TV Shows - Music - Podcasts - Internet - Settings
apple_tv_3_interface-thumb-640xauto-9427.jpg

Where once you select the type of media (say movies, and clicked "My Movies") you are taken to a new page which has all your movie coverart in Grid... like so:
medium_2261856299_8b90ab325a_o.jpg

INSTEAD OF

TV 2 is like this:
Movies - TV Shows - Internet - Computers - Settings
atv6003.jpg

From which, you have to select "Computer" then select the computer you want to get your movies from, from this you are given this correct:
atv6002.jpg
?

So my main questions are:

Interface wise: Which is better LOOKING?
The new apple TV, once you select your computer, its just like the app Front Row?

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
The old ATV's "My Movies", "My TV Shows" and "My Music" sections, while listed under corresponding Tabs instead of under "Computers", look just about like they do on the new ATV. The grid UI that you have a pic of was for the iTunes Store, your library sections dont show like that on the old ATV, it's just a list kinda thing like Front Row and the new ATV.

I'm not a fan of the "Computers" tab and wish it was still how the old ATV has it, nor am I a fan of the Front Row style lists and wish the UI, both old and new, was a grid of artwork like the iTunes store.

^^ CoolMacLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
On A Apple
The old ATV's "My Movies", "My TV Shows" and "My Music" sections, while listed under corresponding Tabs instead of under "Computers", look just about like they do on the new ATV. The grid UI that you have a pic of was for the iTunes Store, your library sections dont show like that on the old ATV, it's just a list kinda thing like Front Row and the new ATV.

I'm not a fan of the "Computers" tab and wish it was still how the old ATV has it, nor am I a fan of the Front Row style lists and wish the UI, both old and new, was a grid of artwork like the iTunes store.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D Ok. Glad i know. ^_^ Lets hope with the jail break someone thinks of the way to grid everything like the itunes store. That would make it much nicer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.