Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

licapeba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Thanks for looking. I have iPod and iPad in addition to new iPhone4, experienced with PC world networking, but...

1. Cannot connect iPhone4 to our wireless network. iPad was setup easily and works perfectly. Linksys WRT600 router, does N and G on both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz. Tried connecting to both. Has MAC address control, I have carefully entered the iPhone's wireless MAC address into the "allowed" list. Router SSID broadcast is turned off. I enter the network name, set WPA2 security, enter full-length password, "unable to connect". The network is obviously seen... in fact for a brief period after failure, if I enter network settings panel it offers the network and just asks for a password, but it soon stops doing that. Again, iPad handled all this without a hiccup of any kind.

Any suggestions / ideas?

2. Synching does not synch any of my calendar information from Outlook. A second iPhone4 purchased yesterday synchs to an identically-configured (I think) PC with no problem including all calendar information. All other synching (contacts, etc.) worked fine.

Any suggestions / ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.