Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:36 AM   #1
skiltrip
macrumors 68020

New Angry Birds update freezes/glitches.

Any else having stability problems with the new Angry Birds update?

In chapter 7 (night/city scene), when a level is completed, it doesn't finish the process and let you move on to the next level. You hear the cheer, get credit for your leftover birds, then it does nothing. And interestingly enough. If you click home twice, then touch the screen to go back into the game, you hear the cheer again, and get credit for your leftover birds, again. So your score keeps racking up. But you still can't move onto the next level.

Anyone else experience this?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:39 AM   #2
princesultan
macrumors regular

lol, i was JUST about to post this.

it's obviously a problem. the updated graphics for retina display probably caused this.
princesultan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:57 PM   #3
skiltrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesultan View Post
lol, i was JUST about to post this.

it's obviously a problem. the updated graphics for retina display probably caused this.
Ok, glad it's not just me. Maybe they'll put out another update. They've done two in the last few days. I think they keep causing more problems.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 01:16 PM   #4
sjoshuac
macrumors newbie

Freezes!

I have the same problem. thought it was me.. how frustrating.. hopefullky there will be a fixed update soon
sjoshuac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 02:23 PM   #5
seifer333
macrumors member

since the update I've found moving on to the next level requires a lot more time. Before it would instantly display the star ranking but now it would take 3-5 seconds just to get to that screen.
seifer333 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:06 PM   #6
dewierwan
macrumors newbie

Meeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
Any else having stability problems with the new Angry Birds update?

In chapter 7 (night/city scene), when a level is completed, it doesn't finish the process and let you move on to the next level. You hear the cheer, get credit for your leftover birds, then it does nothing. And interestingly enough. If you click home twice, then touch the screen to go back into the game, you hear the cheer again, and get credit for your leftover birds, again. So your score keeps racking up. But you still can't move onto the next level.

Anyone else experience this?
MEE!! im on the ipod touch 4g and the new update causes the screen to freeze every time ive completed it but exactly like yours it gives you the 10000 points for your spare birds over and over again!! it's anoying! i don't want to cheat to get 3 stars on everything. need new update now.
dewierwan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:00 PM   #7
hansenc
macrumors regular

They have release like 3-4 updates in two days and all of them crash on my iphone4.
hansenc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 02:46 AM   #8
Simm0nS777
macrumors 6502a

Im sick of the angry birds that keep flying into my windows
Simm0nS777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Lurchdubious
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Lurchdubious
I hate these updates! Ever since 1.4.2 I cannot open the game. It freezes on black screen for a couple seconds, then goes back to home screen. I had 3 stars on every single available level before the update so I don't want to erase & reinstall.

They need to FIX this!
13" 2.4 Ghz Unibody MB, ATV2: Assorted iPods
Lurchdubious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 08:45 PM   #10
hansenc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurchdubious View Post
I hate these updates! Ever since 1.4.2 I cannot open the game. It freezes on black screen for a couple seconds, then goes back to home screen. I had 3 stars on every single available level before the update so I don't want to erase & reinstall.

They need to FIX this!
I'm right there with you
Old Oct 5, 2010, 07:22 AM   #11
skiltrip
macrumors 68020

Since the last update (Oct. 1, Version 1.4.4) everything seems to be working ok for me again. Anyone still having problems with this Oct 1 update?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 07:48 AM   #12
Lurchdubious
macrumors 65816

Mine still doesn't work. I emailed the developer and someone emailed me back, told me to just delete it.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 08:13 AM   #13
hansenc
macrumors regular

yeah mine still doesn't work. I don't want to lose my completed levels
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:46 AM   #14
Lurchdubious
macrumors 65816

I'm gonna hang on until the next update and if that doesn't fix it then I guess I'll just have to delete it and start over.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:53 AM   #15
theanimala
macrumors 6502

I can't stand that they now have retina display for the iphone / ipod touch 4, for $.99, but they want to charge $4.99 for an iPad version, which is the exact same game. They offer a great deal on the iphone but are raping the iPad customers.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 01:56 PM   #16
jps1012
macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem.. Its choppy.
jps1012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:17 PM   #17
DCEMaine
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to DCEMaine
choppy/hiccup graphics on 3GS, 1.4.4, iOS4.1

I have the same problem with the animation being jerky and inconsistent. Takes the flow out of the fling and screws up timing. Frustrating. It is the kind of thing that a graphics update/upgrade could cause.

Update fix, please??
DCEMaine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:05 PM   #18
deanernzen
macrumors newbie

Angry Bird Freeze

We just bought a new iPod touch for my son for Christmas but we are having trouble with the Angry Birds app. When he tries to replay a level, sometimes he accidentally hits the Eagle Eye button but the window comes up so far down in the right hand corner that you can't hit the 'x' to close the window. As a result, you are stuck and can't do anything.

I have removed and re-installed the app once but would like to avoid having my son start all over again. Any suggestions on how to clear the Eagle Eye window if you can't tap on the 'x'? Thanks!
deanernzen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:42 PM   #19
Hlhavens
macrumors newbie

Golden egg

Soo I can't open the golden egg on level 1-8. It won't come out of the treasure chest... Any possible solutions?? I have hit it a million times and nothing is working... It's the last egg I have to open =\
Hlhavens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:23 PM   #20
erchel
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanernzen View Post
We just bought a new iPod touch for my son for Christmas but we are having trouble with the Angry Birds app. When he tries to replay a level, sometimes he accidentally hits the Eagle Eye button but the window comes up so far down in the right hand corner that you can't hit the 'x' to close the window. As a result, you are stuck and can't do anything.

I have removed and re-installed the app once but would like to avoid having my son start all over again. Any suggestions on how to clear the Eagle Eye window if you can't tap on the 'x'? Thanks!

I had the same problem so I just turned off my ipod touch & let it sit for a minute then turned it back on. It is working again (without reinstalling, thank god!) and now I will just avoid clicking the eagle eye! I couldn't really find any other solutions when I searched google either.... Good Luck!
erchel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:22 AM   #21
Ionatrailer
macrumors newbie

Angry Birds Freeze on iphone

Mine is frozen, sigh. Now I'll have to actually do some work.
Ionatrailer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:39 PM   #22
Shellyshell
macrumors newbie

Mine is frozen now too, what gives?
Shellyshell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 05:32 PM   #23
EUSLMT
macrumors newbie

New Angry Birds update freezes

I just took the new Angry Birds update and it freezes. Can't get past the first screen. I have an iPad. Any clues?
EUSLMT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 08:21 PM   #24
maladroit
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUSLMT View Post
I just took the new Angry Birds update and it freezes. Can't get past the first screen. I have an iPad. Any clues?
Same, and I'm on an iPhone.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:41 PM   #25
Angellp456
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurchdubious View Post

They need to FIX this!
Have you found any way of fixing this I am having the same issue.
Angellp456 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps