Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Brettdurnell
macrumors newbie

DVI to HDMI problems!

I'm trying to run my old Mac G5 through my HDTV to watch movies on, ect. I have a DVI to HDMI cable and have both ends correctly plugged in. I powered the TV on and have it on the corresponding channel, then power my mac on. The mac boot up screen appears on my TV but as soon as it is done loading and switches to my desktop I lose signal and the TV returns to its blue screen, indicating no signal.

To troubleshoot the problem I busted out an old monitor and plugged it in through the same DVI port and the desktop registers almost instantly...is there any ideas out there that could help me solve this problem??

The cable is brand new and obviously transmitting signal since the boot up screen appears.
Brettdurnell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:01 PM   #2
max••
macrumors 6502a

try plugging the old screen in powering on the mac then swapping the screens if it comes up you should be able to change the res to whatever your screen wants

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs