Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-i2i-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
UK
I was burning a few CDs and was on the last one when my iBook started playing up. Whenever I inserted a CD it would simply say 'checking media' and then eject the disc. I tried burning the same CDs and songs on my PC and it worked fine. I have now find that it happens to all CDs that I insert. I tried to play 'Football Manager 2005' today and wwhen I put the disc in 5 seconds later it ejects it. I have not dropped or forced and of the CDs so it is a real mystery.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to the problem or should I get on the phone to Apple Care?

Thanks,

I have a G4 iBook, 1Ghz, Airport, and OS X 10.3.7

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
-i2i- said:
I was burning a few CDs and was on the last one when my iBook started playing up. Whenever I inserted a CD it would simply say 'checking media' and then eject the disc. I tried burning the same CDs and songs on my PC and it worked fine. I have now find that it happens to all CDs that I insert. I tried to play 'Football Manager 2005' today and wwhen I put the disc in 5 seconds later it ejects it. I have not dropped or forced and of the CDs so it is a real mystery.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to the problem or should I get on the phone to Apple Care?

Thanks,

I have a G4 iBook, 1Ghz, Airport, and OS X 10.3.7

Call Apple Care Phone Support, it could be something small maybe a plastic piece from a Cd that might have broken off and is now stuck in the drive.

-i2i-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
UK
Okay cheers. I''ll give them a ring tomorrow, though last time I rang them they were pretty poor, I couldn't understand what the guy was even saying! I'm going to London in a couple of days so may call into the Apple Store.

-i2i-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
UK
I searched and saw that some people said that DVDs worked fine. I tried this and DVDs work fine in my drive too only CDs and CD-ROMs seem to have the problem.

Anyone else had this problem and soleved it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.