Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 1, 2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Boca
macrumors regular

Having to re enter wifi password often on iphone 4

Visiting an apartment in France that I've been to many times....no problem with my macbook connecting to the wifi (keychain holds password). In past had 3g iphone now have the 4 and I have to re enter the password if I haven't used the phone/connection in 30 40 mins. How can I get it to remember the password? Thanks.
Boca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
I'm having a similar issue while visiting a location that, admittedly, has a very quirky and weak WiFi signal. I constantly have to re-enter the password information. Is this a problem with the WiFi network, or something I am missing in terms of how my phone is set up?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 02:20 PM   #3
mad-dog-one
macrumors 6502

I hope someone finds a solution for this problem. I'll be watching.
mad-dog-one is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 02:39 PM   #4
mr0c
macrumors regular

Do you have "Ask to Join Networks" setting on?
(under Settings/Wi-Fi/)

Also what version are you running and have you jailbroken it?
mr0c is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting