Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:53 PM   #1
compete12
macrumors newbie

ATV 2nd Gen - Watched/Unwatched TV Show Status

I noticed on my new ATV 2nd Gen that if you watch a TV Show (from your home library, not "rented" ones), it will incorrectly show it as unwatched (full circle next to title) when you finish it.

As with the original ATV, you would have:
Full Dot: Unwatched
Half Dot: Partially Watched
No Dot: Watched

The new ATV2 shows unwatched and partially watched status correctly, but will revert back to unwatched status (Full Dot) when you finish the episode.

If you watch the same show on your computer in iTunes, it will work correctly and update ATV correctly.

Status from iTunes to ATV works fine, but from ATV to iTunes, it shows the incorrect status.

Anybody else see this bug?
compete12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:08 PM   #2
FreeState
macrumors 68000

I noticed this last night on mine - hopefully it will be fixed in an updates soon.
FreeState is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Steven Jackson
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Steven Jackson Send a message via Skype™ to Steven Jackson
If you press the option button, in the remote.app, you get the option to mark as watched.

Steve.
Steven Jackson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:11 AM   #4
jlg84
macrumors newbie

What if you're using the actual remote?

I prefer to use the remote control that came with my ATV2; is there a way to mark the shows as watched with it?

Also, I have noticed that my ATV2 goes 'dormant' if I have my TV set to watch from another source (such as the satellite) and then it takes a very long time to come alive again. Is that a feature?
jlg84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:17 AM   #5
NightStorm
macrumors 68000

I've noticed this myself... make sure you submit a bug report at apple.com/feedback so they know the issue is impacting a large number of users.
Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 4+ (4x2TB)
NightStorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 01:40 AM   #6
theLimit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg84 View Post
I prefer to use the remote control that came with my ATV2; is there a way to mark the shows as watched with it?

Also, I have noticed that my ATV2 goes 'dormant' if I have my TV set to watch from another source (such as the satellite) and then it takes a very long time to come alive again. Is that a feature?
I'm not in front of it right now to test, but if you hold down play/select for 3 seconds you should get some options, one of which is mark as watched.

My old AppleTV shows the Apple logo for a couple seconds after I use a different input on my receiver. I assume it's normal as my other devices also take a second to query for acceptable formats and such when I switch inputs.

Last edited by theLimit; Oct 3, 2010 at 01:48 AM.
theLimit is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater