Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:19 PM   #1
jwillpresents
macrumors member

Listen to music through Bluetooth on iPhone 4?

Is there a way i can listen to music via my Motorola H550? To my understanding you could do it in the past but i'm not sure how to do it on iPhone 4...preferably without jailbreaking. Any help?
jwillpresents is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 04:41 AM   #2
eastercat
macrumors 68040

iPhone 4 has stereo bluetooth enabled. You need to connect stereo bluetooth headphones.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 04:59 AM   #3
Kone 33
macrumors newbie

Which are the best stereo Bluetooth headphones?
Kone 33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:33 AM   #4
sinsin07
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kone 33 View Post
Which are the best stereo Bluetooth headphones?
For sweat proof with a guarantee, Jaybirds.

What I own:
iSkin Cerulean F1
Motorola S9 (not the HD ones)
Sony MW600
Motorola H 98689
Plantronics Backbeat 903

I like behind the head in the ear headphones, so the winner for me, Plantronics Backbeat. They are loud, have good base.

If you are looking for high end then these may be worth a look:
Sennheiser MM100 Wireless Neckband Bluetooth Stereo Headset =$200
sinsin07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:50 AM   #5
assmanof
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastercat View Post
iPhone 4 has stereo bluetooth enabled. You need to connect stereo bluetooth headphones.
You do not need stereo headphones for the bluetooth to stream music. Your earpiece must have a2dp capability. There aren't a whole lot of mono ones that do this but they work fine. I have the BlueAnt T1 and works great streaming whatever audio the iphone outputs. As a bonus it downloads your phonebook and announces the callers name when the phone rings. It also does voice commands and can access the iphone's built in voice command feature.

I just did a crapload of research recently because I was looking for a simple mono earpiece that streamed music and the BlueAnt is what I ended up with. The Jawbone Icon would also work, no voice commands though not too sure about that one. Keep in mind all of these earpieces with a2dp will be larger than your basic bluetooth unit, something to keep in mind if your used to the small ones.
assmanof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:57 AM   #6
wrkactjob
Banned

I use Nokia BH-503 for my iphone and pad, great results.
wrkactjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:35 AM   #7
sinsin07
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkactjob View Post
I use Nokia BH-503 for my iphone and pad, great results.
I like the design. Are they loud? I need to deal with NYC noise and the Backbeats are the only ones I found that can compensate.

Thanks
sinsin07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 02:27 PM   #8
iamartimus
macrumors 6502

Not a stereo headphone, but the Jawbone Icon can now play music. So you can listen to your music, apps, youtube, whatever makes music and sound through the Icon. Not in stereo or awesome sound quality, but you can still hear it, without blocking out the rest of the world.
iamartimus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 02:40 PM   #9
jeans94621
macrumors regular

The jabra stone also allows you to listen to music through your bluetooth. But only for a couple hours. If you want to jailbreak you can use sbsettings and add mono bluetooth and use any bluetooth. Works great.
jeans94621 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 06:49 PM   #10
Ba77L3CRY
macrumors newbie

Question Umm great info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamartimus View Post
Not a stereo headphone, but the Jawbone Icon can now play music. So you can listen to your music, apps, youtube, whatever makes music and sound through the Icon. Not in stereo or awesome sound quality, but you can still hear it, without blocking out the rest of the world.
But how do you use the jawbone to listen to the iPod on ip4? More info needed!
Ba77L3CRY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 07:14 PM   #11
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604

Well what I can not recommend getting is the new Motorola S10-HD.. I've heard good things about Jaybirds though.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 09:10 PM   #12
r6girl
Administrator/Editor

Send a message via AIM to r6girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba77L3CRY View Post
But how do you use the jawbone to listen to the iPod on ip4? More info needed!
There is nothing special that needs to be done - it works with the iPhone 4 just like any other headset after completing the Bluetooth pairing process. After that, playing music in the iPod app will be piped through the Icon when it's on and connected.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 09:57 PM   #13
psywzrd
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderMan View Post
Well what I can not recommend getting is the new Motorola S10-HD.. I've heard good things about Jaybirds though.
I have the Motorola S7-HD and they're ok but they don't fit tight enough. That makes them sound not quite as good as they should. I've heard good things about the Jaybirds too but I'm waiting for their new model (the Blue Buds) to come out before I buy a pair.
psywzrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:50 PM   #14
Ba77L3CRY
macrumors newbie

Question sounds easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
There is nothing special that needs to be done - it works with the iPhone 4 just like any other headset after completing the Bluetooth pairing process. After that, playing music in the iPod app will be piped through the Icon when it's on and connected.
For me it doesnt seem to work this easy. I have a Jawbone&iphone 4(see attachments). it connects and receives calls, ^*WORKS with voice dial, change the ipod songs(that plays thru my one speaker) all that jazz.. but i cant just sync my jawbone and play music thru it.... so if there is some trick or something im missing then let me know please! I have IP4,32g,ver 4.0, Jailbroken, Installous.. is there an app? Ive tried the voicemail thing that people have posted for 3.0's n such. and that doesnt work...? This would be awesome if it worked!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	262533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20101201.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	262534  
Old Dec 2, 2010, 01:50 AM   #15
Ba77L3CRY
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

Quote:
For me it doesnt seem to work this easy. I have a Jawbone&iphone 4(see attachments). it connects and receives calls, ^*WORKS with voice dial, change the ipod songs(that plays thru my one speaker) all that jazz.. but i cant just sync my jawbone and play music thru it.... so if there is some trick or something im missing then let me know please! I have IP4,32g,ver 4.0, Jailbroken, Installous.. is there an app? Ive tried the voicemail thing that people have posted for 3.0's n such. and that doesnt work...? This would be awesome if it worked!
OK! Sooo i answered my own question! Yes, you can listen to your every function in the Iphone4 with, The Jawbone Icon... my issue was clear... It didnt work... i went to jawbone.com and updated my device... also i messed around a bit and downloaded a new girl voice for my JB. All together i updated my JB twice and whatever now it works. My phone did not have to restart. Now when i play my ipod there is a new blue tooth button on the right side of the volume scroll. Email me if anyone needs a lending hand. brief1024@gmail
Old Dec 2, 2010, 01:57 AM   #16
Ba77L3CRY
macrumors newbie

New button

Quote:
OK! Sooo i answered my own question! Yes, you can listen to your every function in the Iphone4 with, The Jawbone Icon... my issue was clear... It didnt work... i went to jawbone.com and updated my device... also i messed around a bit and downloaded a new girl voice for my JB. All together i updated my JB twice and whatever now it works. My phone did not have to restart. Now when i play my ipod there is a new blue tooth button on the right side of the volume scroll. Email me if anyone needs a lending hand. brief1024@gmail
Here is the updated bluetooth speaker screen button>after update
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20101202.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	262548  
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:28 AM   #17
trev1
macrumors newbie

Any lower priced Bluetooth?

Looking to listen to apps and music with any Bluetooth through the dual ear OR mic headset...just starting to research and figured I'd bump this to ask the community...this is my first post here..seems like a great forum

Btw I'm using a iphone4 and ipad2 all newest updates non jailed...

THANX!

Last edited by trev1; Jan 30, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
trev1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories