Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:55 AM   #1
greenlight889
macrumors newbie

Why do I have a Recovered Files folder in my Trash

I emptied my trash the other day and when i went to turn the computer o again i noticed that I had a Recovered files folder in my Trash with all pertaining to my HP printer Uninstaller. There were 3 sub folder entitled Uninstaller plugins and one sub folder that had Installer tool on it. Can I delete these?
greenlight889 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 06:32 PM   #2
NicoleRichie
macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure that you will be fine to empty your trash. I have had recovered files in there appear after a freeze or if the computer was shutdown improperly. I think it is OSX doing its job trying to protect and organize your information in situations that are less than desirable. And if your printer does not work after the fact, just reinstall the drivers for the unit.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook