Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerGamerX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
So, I was reading on Apple's website that any Macs with removable batteries, the battery should retain at least 80% charge capacity at 300 charge cycles. So, does this mean that if my battery goes below 80% capacity in the next year below 300 charge cycles, it's covered under warranty. I know on my friends Unibody MacBook Pro, he was able to get his battery replaced for free since it went under 80% capacity under 1000 cycles. So I was curious if it carried over to removable battery Macs as well.

Of course this would be if it went under capacity within the 1 year warranty. It's not like I'm trying to take a 5 year old battery and get it replaced for free, I just bought a new battery from Apple, and there is nothing in the warranty pamphlet about returning the battery or what is considered defective. I take very good care of my battery, but I want to be clear on this subject.

PowerGamerX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
If it's got a year warranty, I don't see how they could deny you a new one.

Well, see the problem is, while I take great care of my battery, I know lots of people seem to do everything they can to ruin it as quickly as possible. So I wasn't sure if it was covered.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Well, see the problem is, while I take great care of my battery, I know lots of people seem to do everything they can to ruin it as quickly as possible. So I wasn't sure if it was covered.

I would assume so. If you're worried about it, I'd just call apple and find out directly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.