Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
This is the second time now.. Nothing shows pure black! I need to unplugged the power cable just to see again the screen.. Anyone experiencing this?

monksealpup

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Honolulu, HI, USA
I experienced this. After tinkering (e.g. unplugging HDMI cable), it came back up with the TV trying to display 480p but the AppleTV sending 720p, so obviously I saw like 1/4-1/3 of the picture. Unplugging power was the only way to reset I've found so far.

BryanLyle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Same problem here.

I have three Apple tv's and only one experiences this. It's hooked to an Onkyo receiver. Wonder if there is some handshaking issue between the Apple Tv and the receiver.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
I experienced this. After tinkering (e.g. unplugging HDMI cable), it came back up with the TV trying to display 480p but the AppleTV sending 720p, so obviously I saw like 1/4-1/3 of the picture. Unplugging power was the only way to reset I've found so far.

Same problem here, both the blank and 1/4 of the screen at times.

Thanks
AE

EvilC5

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
Hanover MD
does the light on front blink rapidly when you are trying to get it to go to the main screen?

if so, of of my 4 are doing it too and I have a pretty high quality hdmi cable and only have it hooked to my vizio plasma.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.