Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Dec 27, 2004, 01:53 PM   #1
cameronjames
macrumors newbie

My iPOD cycles through songs!?

When i try to play music my iPOD cycles through all of the songs quickly without playing any musis. How do I fix this?
cameronjames is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2004, 02:25 PM   #2
jackieonasses
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to jackieonasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronjames
When i try to play music my iPOD cycles through all of the songs quickly without playing any musis. How do I fix this?
Try using the iPod updater in your Utilities folder. Press Reset and re input your music in there. it might have some error that would be fixed (perhaps) if you do that.

kyle
jackieonasses is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2004, 02:30 PM   #3
applemacdude
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to applemacdude Send a message via AIM to applemacdude Send a message via MSN to applemacdude Send a message via Yahoo to applemacdude Send a message via Skype™ to applemacdude
If that doesnt work call apple they will most likely replace it
applemacdude is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2004, 03:49 PM   #4
varmit
macrumors 68000

Your music library file has all the songs that you see on your iPod, but your actual music files have become disassociated from the library file. Meaning when you try to play a song in your library, it looks for that song at a certain spot on the hard drive for the file. It doesn't find the file, so it skips to the next song. I would restore your iPod, and reload your music. Its a glitch in the software, the restore should fix it. My iPod did this once too.
varmit is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2004, 05:31 PM   #5
declen007
macrumors newbie

same problem

I just bought the charger and fm modulator for my ipod mini and i hooked it up in the car and it started to do the same thing, that is, cycle through songs without playing them, I simply fixed it by re-linking my ipod to my mac and viola...hope this helps.
declen007 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers