Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 3, 2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Leist1
macrumors newbie

Question New apple TV WiFI log in.

I have just purchased the new Apple TV, however, here is the question, I live in at a hotel (where I work) and I log on to the Wifi network using a username and password, for example the wifi network is open, when I use the internet a 'splash' page pops up asking me to enter log in details, is this going to create a problem on the apple TV? will i still be able to log on to the wifi? if so how do i go about doing this

Thank you all in advance for your help

Gavin
Leist1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:02 AM   #2
RandomNinjaAtk
macrumors member

No most likely not, you'll need to use a macbook/macbook pro and connect it via wifi to the internet, and run ethernet from apple tv to the macbook/pro and then enable internet connection sharing. That will enable it to work.
My Personal Site
RandomNinjaAtk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Leist1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post
No most likely not, you'll need to use a macbook/macbook pro and connect it via wifi to the internet, and run ethernet from apple tv to the macbook/pro and then enable internet connection sharing. That will enable it to work.
Thanks for that, great help
Leist1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 01:22 PM   #4
BlackMangoTree
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post
I haven't tried this on the new Apple TV though on the original connecting the Apple TV to my Mac with ethernet are turning on internet sharing didn't work.
BlackMangoTree is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater