Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eq2675

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
I originally posted to Apple Discussions, but I thought it was so important I am sharing here

I haven't had an error in over 48 hours. So here is what I did to my Windows XP Pro SP3 PC with Core 2 Duo CPU to fix those nasty errors. I am running iTunes 10.0.1.22 and MobileMe Control Panel 1.6.3. I have an iPhone 4, iPad 3G, and Apple TV 2nd gen.

a: Uninstall Mobile Me Control Panel and reboot

b: Renamed the folder C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Apple Computer\SyncServices\Local to something else and rebooted

c: Reinstalled Mobile Me Control Panel from http://support.apple.com/downloads/MobileMe_Control_Panel_for_Windows

d: I have a Core 2 Duo and was still getting memory falts, so I downloaded imagecfg.exe that is part of the Windows 2000 resource kit from http://www.death-web.com/files/imagecfg.zip

e: Wrote a small batch file with this line and placed it in my startup group (note the placement location of imagecfg.exe, you will need to edit this on your batch file)

d:\files\batch\imagecfg.exe -a 0x1 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\com.apple.DotMacSync.client.exe"

f: Excluded the folder C:\Program Files\Apple from my Anti-Virus app which is MS Security Essentials

g: Excluded the process C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\com.apple.DotMacSync.client.exe from my Anti-Virus app which is MS Security Essentials

Over 48 hours without an error and good syncing with Outlook 2003

Update:
I have learned that imagecfg.exe actually modifies the com.apple.DotMacSync.client.exe file and gives it the current date and time. Technically it should only need to be ran once, but I think I'll leave it in the batch file of the startup group so if there are any Apple updates to this file it will automatically be set to run in a single core.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.