Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:58 AM   #1
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Jailbreak FAIL.!!!!

Hello. I neeed urgent help. I just attemped to jailbreak my 3GS from 3.1.3 to 4.1 using snowbreeze. And now my sim card is not being supported. Please help. On Tinyumbrella, I've been able to check my BB and it is still 04.26.08. Is there any solution?
aznwar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

So is it jb now on 4.1? Did you install ultrasnow to unlock?
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 03:31 PM   #3
PaHtSaN
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznwar View Post
Hello. I neeed urgent help. I just attemped to jailbreak my 3GS from 3.1.3 to 4.1 using snowbreeze. And now my sim card is not being supported. Please help. On Tinyumbrella, I've been able to check my BB and it is still 04.26.08. Is there any solution?
What do you mean jailbreak from 3.1.3 to 4.1? That makes no sense, do you mean upgrade from 3.1.3 to 4.1?
PaHtSaN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 03:35 PM   #4
PaHtSaN
macrumors regular

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you meant you upgraded your jailbroken phone, yes, the solution is to now downgrade your phone back to 3.1.3 since you probably have those shsh files. Go on YouTube and type in "how to downgrade 4.1 to 3.1.3", you should find a few good tutorials on how to do it.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:19 PM   #5
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaHtSaN View Post
I'm pretty sure you meant you upgraded your jailbroken phone, yes, the solution is to now downgrade your phone back to 3.1.3 since you probably have those shsh files. Go on YouTube and type in "how to downgrade 4.1 to 3.1.3", you should find a few good tutorials on how to do it.
Kay, so in detail this is what happened. I have a 3GS, on 3.1.3 and BB 04.26.08 so then yesterday, I downloaded snowbreeze, and I created the custom ipsw. Then, I restored using the new ipsw made. After, when it was done, it said my sim isn't supported. And BTW, I don't even know what shsh files are. =[
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Myzhi
macrumors 6502a

Right now, phone is locked to original carrier. You need to install ultrasnow through Cydia to unlock the phone.

If you are stuck at emergency screen, borrow or eBay for original carrier sim to activate the phone. Even a non active sim will work. Afterward, install ultrasnow to use your sim card.
Myzhi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:33 PM   #7
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzhi View Post
Right now, phone is locked to original carrier. You need to install ultrasnow through Cydia to unlock the phone.

If you are stuck at emergency screen, borrow or eBay for original carrier sim to activate the phone. Even a non active sim will work. Afterward, install ultrasnow to use your sim card.
But I'm not sure what carrier it was on, is there a way to check? I'd say it's probably a USA carrier. Since I did get it in a store over there, but I'm in canada now.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:37 PM   #8
Myzhi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
But I'm not sure what carrier it was on, is there a way to check? I'd say it's probably a USA carrier. Since I did get it in a store over there, but I'm in canada now.
If USA, it's only ATT. Get one. eBay is probably easiest route.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:42 PM   #9
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Alright. Thanks. I'll try to get back in a week or 2, when I get the card.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:55 PM   #10
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Just before that, I just wanted to know if there's another way? I don't want to spend money. It's best if theres another way, because I want to have some experience.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:04 PM   #11
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

You can buy an AT&T sim on eBay for $1-2 in order to activate it. Any AT&T sim will do even inactivated or empty prepaid gophone sims.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:06 PM   #12
Myzhi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Just before that, I just wanted to know if there's another way? I don't want to spend money. It's best if theres another way, because I want to have some experience.
Borrow someone's ATT sim card.

It cost $1 to buy ATT sim card on eBay.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:13 PM   #13
PaHtSaN
macrumors regular

Quote:
If the phone isn't activated then you need an AT&T sim card to activate it like he said, however there's something called hacktivating where you can activate without the sim. I've never tried it since i have a sim, but supposedly people outside the US do it all the time, so either YouTube a tutorial on how to do it, or try this guys link http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7011810AAK6Heu

It would be a good idea to get an AT&T sim card though because it makes things alot easier, you can check your local craigslist or even post your own ad for one, it won't cost you a significant amount of money.

Shsh files are apples signiture for older firmwares that will basically allow you to downgrade your OS. Question for you, when your phone was jailbroken, do you remember selecting an option in cydia called "make my life easier"?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:29 PM   #14
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaHtSaN View Post
If the phone isn't activated then you need an AT&T sim card to activate it like he said, however there's something called hacktivating where you can activate without the sim. I've never tried it since i have a sim, but supposedly people outside the US do it all the time, so either YouTube a tutorial on how to do it, or try this guys link http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7011810AAK6Heu

It would be a good idea to get an AT&T sim card though because it makes things alot easier, you can check your local craigslist or even post your own ad for one, it won't cost you a significant amount of money.

Shsh files are apples signiture for older firmwares that will basically allow you to downgrade your OS. Question for you, when your phone was jailbroken, do you remember selecting an option in cydia called "make my life easier"?
I think it seems familiar, is there any other way to check is I did so? And BTW, I already ordered just simcard a few mins ago, but I just wanna try a different way so i can have experience.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:35 PM   #15
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

You won't be able to hactivate it right now. Maybe when future jb tools are released. I wouldn't bother so you don't mess up and regret it later.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 06:37 PM   #16
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
You won't be able to hactivate it right now. Maybe when future jb tools are released. I wouldn't bother so you don't mess up and regret it later.
Yea, I guess so. I guess I'll just hafta wait few weeks for my sim to arrive =[
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:17 PM   #17
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Ok. So I just got my SIM card in the mail and i got the phone to work. Now how do I unlock it to that my Rogers SIM card will work?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:19 PM   #18
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

So you restored to custom 4.1 IPSW while preserving your unlockable baseband?
Do you see cydia on your springboard?
Open up cydia and install ultrasnow to unlock it.

Quote:
Ok. So I just got my SIM card in the mail and i got the phone to work. Now how do I unlock it to that my Rogers SIM card will work?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:45 PM   #19
aznwar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
So you restored to custom 4.1 IPSW while preserving your unlockable baseband?
Do you see cydia on your springboard?
Open up cydia and install ultrasnow to unlock it.
OMG. THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH.
I have sucessfully unlocked my iPhone.Also, I'm never going to update the firmware ever again. LOL
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:52 PM   #20
chargit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I have sucessfully unlocked my iPhone.Also, I'm never going to update the firmware ever again. LOL
sure you wont.....
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:02 PM   #21
HighLife420
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
i wouldnt say that, you can upgrade anytime...just make sure you know what you are doing with it. Make sure you do your research as to the steps you need to take. Upgrading to a new firmware will render your ultraSNOW useless. So remember, plan out what you going to do. Have all the steps ready to go. Make sure you have the right tools for the right job, like the JB software, Tiny Umbrella etc etc. Make sure next time, you firmware youre upgrading too is able to be unlock before you do it. Just remember these few things and it will make your upgrade less painful =)

Glad you got it working.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:08 PM   #22
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Lmao
We heard that before.
But I think the op learned a few things from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargit View Post
sure you wont.....
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:10 PM   #23
PaHtSaN
macrumors regular

Quote:
Lmao, glad you got it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks