Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lingham

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Hi,

I recently qualified as a FIFA registered referee and FA qualified football coach and looking to set up a website to advertise myself locally incase anyone needs either or the two things I am qualified in.

What would be the best thing to name the site as?

I know its very vague but what would it be to name it as. Make up a company as it were. Use my name and surname etc?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Head to one of the domain name lookups and see what is available. Try out combinations of your name and FIFA and see what hasn't been taken yet. This will help narrow down some of the options. The name should reflect you to some extent, and I don't know you so not sure what would be appropriate.

CW Jones

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2009
CT
Hmm I don't really see this as a design question... but whatever.

Why do you think you need a website? I have been a FIFA referee for several years now and never had a site to advertise myself. I get jobs by word of mouth and signing up in certain local towns. They call when they need me. I also have my class D coaching license and coached several teams in the past.
(local and premier level, not college as I am in college haha)

I would go to surrounding towns are solicit yourself that way... rather than waste money on a website. That's just me though.

Lingham

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Head to one of the domain name lookups and see what is available. Try out combinations of your name and FIFA and see what hasn't been taken yet. This will help narrow down some of the options. The name should reflect you to some extent, and I don't know you so not sure what would be appropriate.

Few things about me
Im FA qualifed for coaching and FIFA for refereeing
I only used coloured footballs for two reasons - To create a fun atmosphere and so I know they are mine as most coaches use white ones.

Im 25

Thats about it really

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.