Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
This stylus is so bad and I'm pissed I wasted money on it. Besides the fact that it feels really cheap, it's also way too thin, the spongy tip is way too soft and you have to apply quite a bit of pressure for the iPad to even recognize the input. Overall I'm very disappointed.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
This stylus is so bad and I'm pissed I wasted money on it. Besides the fact that it feels really cheap, it's also way too thin, the spongy tip is way too soft and you have to apply quite a bit of pressure for the iPad to even recognize the input. Overall I'm very disappointed.

Can you return it? I just got the Targus one from Best Buy, it works fairly well. By watching reviews on youtube, seems like the tip on the pogo is too spongy.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I agree about the Sketch. It's ok to use here and there but I tried it for a length of time and it wasn't great. I actually bought two because the eBay one I purchased had that black little part between the sponge and the metal missing. I did not notice and it was too late to get any kind of return. Plus it was $9.00 so I didn't care too much. However, press too hard and the metal scratches the iPad screen (in my case the screen protector). The second one I bought I guess I could have returned but again, could not be bothered.

Threepio

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2010
i second the fact that it is garbage and overpriced.

And yes, the sponge tip is weak and if you hold it too angled you risk damaging your screen. Stopped using it when that almost happened... and bought a screen protector.

But it's just too crummy to be pleasant to use. Pisses me off too.

undercompensate

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2009
I haven't had the best results with the pogo sketch so I threw it into the trash.

Has anyone tried out Just Mobile's Alupen? That thing looks pretty slick... it's just that it, with shipping, costs a small fortune :(

Ksane

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
I bought 3 for $2 on Ebay and they work perfect. It's just easier for me to use my fingers though because I'm always losing track of the stylus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.