Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pit29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
Hi all,

I can't connect to a certain web site - http://www.zenfolio.com. I am running 10.6.4, and all my browsers - Safari, Firefox, Chrome - don't open that site. I get the same connection error that I would get when I enter something in the address bar that does not exist.

Funny thing is: I can connect to Zenfolio from my iPod touch on the same router. So it should be a problem with my computer - but what could be wrong? No entries in "Proxies", and the hosts file looks innocent as well...

I'l totally appreciate any suggestions!

Pit

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Try opening that site on another account (you can create one if you don't have one already). Have you tried rebooting? Reconnecting to the router? Reseting router and modem (just to troubleshoot, I know it work on your iTouch).

pit29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
It doesn't work on the guest account, and also not on a new one I just created. Rebooting, restarting the router, reconnecting, and flushing the DNS cache with dscacheutil -flushcache does not solve this.

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
I've had issues like this before, could you try using another browsing client to access it.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
It doesn't work on the guest account, and also not on a new one I just created. Rebooting, restarting the router, reconnecting, and flushing the DNS cache with dscacheutil -flushcache does not solve this.

Hmm, weird. All other sites work okay though? You could try repairing permissions with Disk Utility, I doubt that will help but I don't have anything else to recommend :(

P.S. I asked Alfihar to check out this thread (through MR IRC), he knows a lot about networking. Hopefully he can help you better than I can :)

EDIT: Try connecting to Zenfolio's IP address (http://184.105.196.161/)

pit29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
Zenfolio is the only page that happens on that I'm aware of (incidently, through MacRumors Picture of the Day thread). I repaired permissions as well...

Thanks, Hellhammer and DouchGod - this and the MBP-doesn't-sleep are really the only issues I ever had (and I've used Macs since '95). Wired now they're both there at the same time.

EDIT: "no connection" to 184.105.196.161 as well. Meh.

pit29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
Just noticed that I have no trouble doing "ping" to zenfolio (either zenfolio.com, or 184.105.196.161), but not "trace".
I can also access forums.zenfolio.com.

Any suggestions? I'd be so so grateful!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.