Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback

Old Dec 28, 2004, 04:15 PM   #1
fener_ipod
macrumors newbie

Edit Song Info in iTunes

I can not edit song info using my iTunes. When I do File->Get Info and then go to the info Tab all the fields appear to be read-only. I can not edit. Can anybody tell me how to do it?
Thanks
fener_ipod is offline   0
Old Dec 28, 2004, 04:34 PM   #2
jackieonasses
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to jackieonasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fener_ipod
I can not edit song info using my iTunes. When I do File->Get Info and then go to the info Tab all the fields appear to be read-only. I can not edit. Can anybody tell me how to do it?
Thanks
Is that just one song? It might have something wrong with it. If it is all of them - try repairing permissions?

kyle
jackieonasses is offline   0
Old Dec 28, 2004, 04:44 PM   #3
fener_ipod
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieonasses
Is that just one song? It might have something wrong with it. If it is all of them - try repairing permissions?

kyle
It is with all the songs in my library that I have imported recently. I have not yet synchronized them with my iPod. I wanted to edit the songs info in my library before synch. However I can edit the the info if the songs is already in my iPod (I select iPod from Source and then do Get Info. Then it works). On the other hand if I select Library from Source then Get Info does not work.

PS: What is repairing permission? How does it work?
fener_ipod is offline   0
Old Jan 12, 2005, 08:50 PM   #4
verozov
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to verozov
i really have no idea...

im geussing ur the administator on your computer... if your not then could it be a limitation set by the administrator?
verozov is offline   0
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:39 PM   #5
amemoryoncelost
macrumors 6502

I was having the same issue. So here is what I did to solve it.
Open your top music folder. Probably Music that's in the side pain of finder. Click on the folder "music" and do the get info thing for the folder.
The bottom part should say ownership and permissions, make sure it says read and write. Click the next arrow next to details. Make sure all of them say read and write and that your admin name is next to them. I'm not sure if the lock should be locked or unlocked, I think onceoyu make changes, lock it back up and it should stay.

That's what I did. If you're still having problems, let me know. I don't really know much about macs yet since I'm pretty new.

good luck
dustin
amemoryoncelost is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback