Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 5, 2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Shlen
macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G not recognized as USB peripheral

Recently, some time after upgrading to iOS 4.1.2, my iPhone 3G is no longer recognized by my Mac as a USB peripheral and cannot charge using the computer. It is able to charge using the charger plugged into the wall, and it is also recognized by my clock radio and capable of playing music through the radio's speaker. But when I plug it in to my Mac, or into another Mac, regardless of the cable (I've tried several), it is not recognized by the computer and does not recognize that it is attached to a computer.

I am guessing that this is a hardware issue because I've tried plugging it in to several computers using several different USB cables with the same result every time. Perhaps some small filament has broken internally that is needed for USB charging and syncing. But are there others in this forum who have a different diagnosis or who have experienced this issue?

Thank you.
Shlen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2010, 04:04 PM   #2
blackscorpio111
macrumors newbie

not the same process, but the same phone and same failures ...

I can charge via pc, but cant recognized when connected to usb...
so no restore

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=11179783
blackscorpio111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting