Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluffyrhinos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I have a JB iphone 3GS running 3.1.2 but I want to update to 4.0.1. I have SHSH's on file and the firmware downloaded, but before I install it, I want to know if I can activate my phone using an old, unactivated AT&T sim card. Thank you!

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I have a JB iphone 3GS running 3.1.2 but I want to update to 4.0.1. I have SHSH's on file and the firmware downloaded, but before I install it, I want to know if I can activate my phone using an old, unactivated AT&T sim card. Thank you!
Well, a 3+ yr old deactivated AT&T SIM card was able to activate my iPhone 4 so it should work fine on your 3GS. Why not just try it and you'll have your answer a lot faster?

max5peru

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Peru

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
you're my hero!
I found that I have an old ATT SIM from my past iphone 3G.
Im planning to turn it into nanoSIM and activate the iPhone 5. Hope it works.
I have also found a seller in amazon who can send me an unactive sim just ot have a backup (http://www.amazon.com/AT-SIM-Card-7...&qid=1353615761&sr=8-1&keywords=at&t+sim+card)
Am I doing right?
:confused:

Yes, I cut my old sim to nano sim too.
Not too hard but if you get one that already cut to nano size it would be easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.