Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdruley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2010
i have windows 7 on my macbook pro with parallel can i put Microsoft office 2007 on it and how do i do it thanks for any help

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses. (see rule #3 under Minor Problems)
To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

EXAMPLE:
How to install MS Office 2007 in Windows via Parallels Desktop?

What about opening Windows via Parallels, inserting the medium with the MS Office installation software, mounting the medium inside Windows and starting the installation?

bdruley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2010
sorry

thanks for your help but I dont understand what you said i have only had the machine for 24hrs and this is my first time touching a mac have used dell for years sorry if this annoys you as some get mad when asked ?'s like this but is there a way you can break it down more again sorry to be a pain.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
What about opening Windows via Parallels, inserting the medium with the MS Office installation software, mounting the medium inside Windows and starting the installation?

thanks for your help but I dont understand what you said i have only had the machine for 24hrs and this is my first time touching a mac have used dell for years sorry if this annoys you as some get mad when asked ?'s like this but is there a way you can break it down more again sorry to be a pain.

• Open Windows 7 via Parallels
  • Insert your Office 2007 install DVD
  • Let Office 2007 Autorun, or start SETUP.EXE manually
  • Wait for it to install

Is that any clearer? It's exactly what spinnerlys said.

B

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen

Sossity

macrumors 65816
May 12, 2010
I had some trouble installing office 2007 on my mac with windows 7

I just recently tried to install my mothers copy of office 2007 she has on her PC on my windows 7 pro 64 bit on my macbook 2010 pro, but I got as far as typing in the product key, got a green check, but could not get any further to install.

Is it because there is another copy installed on another computer?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I just recently tried to install my mothers copy of office 2007 she has on her PC on my windows 7 pro 64 bit on my macbook 2010 pro, but I got as far as typing in the product key, got a green check, but could not get any further to install.

Is it because there is another copy installed on another computer?

Boxed copies of Office 2007 Home and Student and Home and Business allow for 3 and 2 installs each. So, if it was bought retail that should not be your problem.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.