Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beebo87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Hey guys... I need some help. just recently got a new macbook pro. 15 inch 2.66 i7 model. i partitioned my harddrive and installed windows with bootcamp... windows loads just fine, only issue is my keyboard and track pad are not working. i've tried plugging in keyboards and a mouse via usb and they still dont work. i've started in safe mode and still nothing. has anyone had this issue before? know any way to fix it? any and all help is greatly appreciated! thanks!!

beebo87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
i dont have a way to... i literally can't do anything but stare at the default windows background =[

i'm new to this as well... i was under the impression that bootcamp installed all the drivers for the conversion to windows. i guess i was wrong?

Sossity

macrumors 65816
May 12, 2010
Dont know if this will be any help, as I have windows through paralells 5, but when I had my window open in parallels, along the bottom of the windows it said, click control & alt to release the mouse & keyboard it was subtle, & I just happened to see it along the bottom, you might see if there is anything like that in your window anywhere, but it more likely sounds like drivers are needed. I dont know about bootcamp, but from reading about some of the quirks & difficulties with bootcamp, plus the need to boot between OSes made me go with virtulization software like parallels.

You might also, if you have not already, sign up at apple's support forums & copy/paste your question here to there as well, there are some knowledgeable people on that forum as well.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
This is an odd one. Even without drivers Windows generally works fine on other Macs.

May I ask which Windows you installed? Could this be something as silly uas XP pre-SP2?

B

Baby Mac

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Kentucky
Try putting your OS X disc in the optical drive and restart the computer to the Windows side, and maybe the discs will self-install the Mac-supplied Windows-in-boot-camp-mode drivers.

Otherwise, try installing Windows again. In my Windows install experiences, you need a mouse and keyboard to answer some questions during the install, so I would expect some natural keyboard-mouse capabilities right from the start.

gugucom

macrumors 68020
May 21, 2009
Munich, Germany
Baby Mac already told you the right way. Let me explain it even better. Bootcamp is installed in two sections. First the OS X utility lets you partition the drive and lets you install Windows. After the Windows installation and with Windows running you need to insert the OS X install disk. All the necessary drivers are on that disk. It is essentially a dual image DVD. Windows can read the Windows driver image and will install everything you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.