Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm bore so why not get people exited about it...:D:D:D

@p0sixninja said:
Things have progressed to the point where we don't expect anymore roadblocks. ETA for greenpois0n is 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/p0sixninja/status/26682705154

time will be 05:10:10AM EST (2:10:10 AM PST)

Update1: SHAtter only compatible with 4G iDevices (iPad, iPhone4, iPod Touch 4G)

Update2: it is "untethered" officially said by the chronic dev team

Update3: Both the members of iPhone and Chronic Dev Teams have confirmed that the creator of Spirit and JailbreakMe, Comex, has more userland exploits in possession which can jailbreak iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G in future. But don’t expect him to release them anytime soon. Since userland exploits can easily be patched by Apple, they are going to wait for Apple to release the final version of iOS 4.2 before releasing the new userland based jailbreak.

Also, the GreenPois0n tool releasing on Sunday is based on SHAtter exploit which was originally a tethered jailbreak. Comex came up with a userland based method to make it untethered in GreenPois0n tool. What this means is that Apple is likely going to patch the bits done by Comex in GreenPois0n which will make GreenPois0n a tethered jailbreak for all the supported devices on iOS 4.2.

SHAtter is yet another breed of exploit. Bootrom-based but requires userland "assistance" for untethered boots (@comex did this for 4.1)

The wait will then be for this new userland based jailbreak by Comex which will not only support iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G, but will also make GreenPois0n an untethered jailbreak again for all the fourth-gen devices on iOS 4.2.

Update4: Well after lot of Drama, Geohot went ahead and released Limera1n, Chronic Dev Team decided to save SHAtter for later and rework Greenpois0n to use Geohot's bootrom exploit, this means that it will not be release on 10/10/10 as said before, this also mean that if Geohot's exploit is no compatible with the Apple TV them Apple tv's users will be left behind until maybe 4.2 =( very sad.

nednarm

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
U.K
10/10/10 at 10:10am Greenpois0n

Things have progressed to the point where we don't expect anymore roadblocks. ETA for greenpois0n is 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM

From p0six ninja twitter

maturola

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
save the exploits for 4.2 :(

That wouldn't do anything, since the hard exploit is on the bootrom, 4.2 will no fix it, (they just need to find another way to storage the Jb code, and that should not take long)

besides 4.2 should be (IMO) about 6 to 7 weeks away

CBR900RR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2008
Middle of Pacific
Any idea if this is a tether or non-tether jailbreak, if tether I will keep my 4.01, if non -tether, I will exchange my ip4 at the apple store because of multiple issue I have.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Any idea if this is a tether or non-tether jailbreak, if tether I will keep my 4.01, if non -tether, I will exchange my ip4 at the apple store because of multiple issue I have.

we don;t know yet, but my guess would be untethered

Cinemagic

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
we don;t know yet, but my guess would be untethered

I've read nothing definate yet. I have read where the ChronicDevTeam wanted to make it untethered, but I did not read whether they actually succeeded with that or not. My gut feeling is that it will be untethered, but we'll have to wait and see. UNless someone else has something more definitive.

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California

Here is a tweet:

chpwn - The tethered status of SHAtter or greenpoison has not been announced. It's a surprise!

S-

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2008
I don't even care if it's tethered or not, I've been waiting so long for this it's crazy. I want this jb so bad I've been practicing with my iPod Touch 2g.

Is it Sunday yet?

pjtoadie

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
So this will be for iPhone 4 users using 4.1? I've never done a jailbreak so will there be a step by step guide :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.