Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:50 AM   #1
digiphantom
macrumors member

Apple TV keeps turning on?

Hi all,

I have owned the new Apple TV for about a week now. I've set it up to go to sleep after 30 mins of inactivity. Also when not using it, I just manually set it to go to sleep. When the unit is in sleep mode, the white indicator light is off.

But I've been noticing several times the indicator light is on and when I switched to the HDMI input, I know the unit isn't displaying anything until I hit the center button on the Apple remote. After turning it on again, I have to manually put it to sleep again.

So is the indicator light manually turning on by itself indicate that the unit is completely on?

Thanks.
digiphantom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:52 AM   #2
Intell
macrumors P6

I'd say just ignore it. It uses so little power when on, near 4 watts.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:52 AM   #3
DJinTX
macrumors 6502

I notice that when my ATV detects changes in audio video sources, the little white light will come on, but it will then go back off on its own. I haven't watched it really closely, so I believe this is how it is behaving. I just assumed it was normal.
DJinTX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 06:19 AM   #4
LevMac
macrumors 6502

digiphantom,

I am experiencing the same thing myself, I have mine set for sleep after 30mins also, and the LED light indicator switches off but then a few minutes later it switches back on, and then when I switch to HDMI through my TV, nothing shows up on the TV until I press the remote to wake it ?
LevMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

I have noticed when my Harmony One remote is used the ATV detects the infrared signals and the LED flickers even if the commands are not intended for the ATV.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater