Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Oct 8, 2010, 09:58 PM   #1
CrAkD
macrumors 68030

Thumbs up Square Mobile Credit Card Swiper

For those that don't know Square is a mobile payment company that offers a free credit card swiper adapter for the iphone, ipad, ipodtouch. The app lets you setup a mobile storefront to take credit cards wherever you go. on the iPhone you have to manually type in prices of everything but you can take pictures of the items that will be included in the receipt thats sent to the customer you took the card from. On the iPad you can set up a whole mobile register with pictures of your items. The only downfall is the wait for the free swiper is obnoxious.

After being on the waiting list for almost 6 months my credit card swiper FINALLY arrived last week. I had some trouble setting it up at first but finally have it working flawlessly on both my iPad and my iPhone 4. The trouble I had was with the iPhone 4. It causes a problem with the aluminum band so its best to put a piece of paper in between the swiper and iPhone so it works properly.

Here are some pics of the app and swiper setup on my ipad.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories