Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:52 AM   #1
Col Vandal
macrumors newbie

Apple TV 1 Update?

I bought my AppleTV in July and was happy with it except for the fact that I had to buy TV episodes instead of being able to rent them. When the new ATV was announced, and the rental part of iTunes 10, I was pretty excited. Until they both launched.

Now, I'm hoping an update comes along that will allows us to at least rent TV episodes like the ATV2 owners. I'm not too worried about Netflix integration because my Internet connection, at 1.5, is really too slow to stream.

Any clues as to when/if Apple is going to throw us original owners a bone with an update? Or, should I fork out another $100 for the new one?

First time poster, long time lurker.
Col Vandal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:58 AM   #2
OllyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Vandal View Post
Any clues as to when/if Apple is going to throw us original owners a bone with an update? Or, should I fork out another $100 for the new one?
Apple have said there will no updates for the original Apple TV.
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:46 AM   #3
roidy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Vandal View Post
I bought my AppleTV in July and was happy with it except for the fact that I had to buy TV episodes instead of being able to rent them. When the new ATV was announced, and the rental part of iTunes 10, I was pretty excited. Until they both launched.

Now, I'm hoping an update comes along that will allows us to at least rent TV episodes like the ATV2 owners. I'm not too worried about Netflix integration because my Internet connection, at 1.5, is really too slow to stream.

First time poster, long time lurker.
Apple will never update the ATV1 with ATV2 features for the simple reason they want to sell you the new hardware, if they were to give you the rental option on the old ATV then you wouldn't buy the new one.
roidy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater