Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:20 PM   #1
DougJrS
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to DougJrS Send a message via MSN to DougJrS
iPod / iPod Photo sync questions

I have come to the idea that I ""need"" an iPod photo. I have never had an iPod before so I just have two quick questions. Do all of your pictures sync with the iPod from iPhoto? I really don't want this toi happen. I have 4.2 G of photos in iPhoto and I really would only want a few on the iPod. I do want all pics from the iPod to go to iPhoto. (from the media card reader attachment)

Also, can you do the same with iTunes? I don't want all the music in iTunes to be on the iPod.

Thanks,
Doug
DougJrS is offline   0
Old Dec 30, 2004, 07:52 PM   #2
zim
macrumors 65816

I don't have the iPod photo but have 2 iPods, should say my wife has one I have the other. You can decided how iTunes syncs by either saying that all playlist and or library sync or that you freely add and subtract as you wish. I have ours set to sync only our purchased music playlist and another playlist that I add to she also has her own.

I also have the media card reader, works great. Once the photos are transferred you simply attach you iPod to the Mac and iPhoto, if not open, will open up and prompt you to the import option, just like a camera.

From what I have seen, the sync iPhoto pictures works the same as iTunes, you pic what you want to sync.

Hope you get it, I know that I am looking at getting the 40GB color soon.
zim is offline   0
Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:08 PM   #3
DougJrS
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to DougJrS Send a message via MSN to DougJrS
That is exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks,
Doug
DougJrS is offline   0
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:55 PM   #4
mms
macrumors 6502a

From Apple:
Wondering how you’re going to get all your digital photographs into iPod photo? iTunes 4.7. The new version lets you import your images directly into iPod photo from a folder on the hard drive of your Mac or PC. Spent time organizing your photos using iPhoto on a Mac or either Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 or Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 on a PC? iTunes 4.7 rewards your diligence by importing the albums you’ve created in iPhoto or collections created in Album or Elements. You’ll be able to choose them from the Photos menu on iPod photo.

http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto

My understanding is that you import only the albums you need into iTunes. I haven't used it myself, though.
mms is offline   0
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:58 PM   #5
mms
macrumors 6502a

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300265
mms is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2005, 02:14 AM   #6
Red G5
macrumors newbie

I've got one.

You choose from within the iTunes prefs what iPhoto albums to sync to the iPod.

You get the option to copy the full size image as well but the ipod needs to have disk mode enabled to do this (so you loose the auto mount / unmount).

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews