Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2001
Ok, I lied. THIS is my last new thread. I forgot that I had to post one more.

To answer the questions about my mysterious thread posted last night, I have gotten a job with Apple Computer, and as of September 3rd I will be an Apple employee. As Duke has guessed, I will soon sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and it would be a conflict of interests for me to be a posting member of a macintosh rumors website and an Apple employee.

I will be an Apple Solutions Consultant working in the Paramus, N.J. CompUSA location. No, it's not an "inside" position, but hey, it's a huge pay raise and I'm working to help further Apple. It's perfect for a 22 year old student right out of college.

So to all my friends on the website, those I have met personally, and to those I haven't, good luck with everything from here on out. Believe me, I will lurk these boards, but I will never post again.

Arn- If you can, I'd appreciate it if you could delete my member account.

Bye everyone, and believe me, this is bittersweet. For the past year and a half I have enjoyed being a member of such a fine website with such great members. If anyone is in the Paramus, NJ area, please stop by the CompUSA and look me up.

Toodle-oo.

-Pete Trauber
ptrauber@mac.com

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Why I have to go...

Originally posted by ptrauber
Ok, I lied. THIS is my last new thread. I forgot that I had to post one more.

To answer the questions about my mysterious thread posted last night, I have gotten a job with Apple Computer, and as of September 3rd I will be an Apple employee. As Duke has guessed, I will soon sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and it would be a conflict of interests for me to be a posting member of a macintosh rumors website and an Apple employee.

I will be an Apple Solutions Consultant working in the Paramus, N.J. CompUSA location. No, it's not an "inside" position, but hey, it's a huge pay raise and I'm working to help further Apple. It's perfect for a 22 year old student right out of college.

So to all my friends on the website, those I have met personally, and to those I haven't, good luck with everything from here on out. Believe me, I will lurk these boards, but I will never post again.

Arn- If you can, I'd appreciate it if you could delete my member account.

Bye everyone, and believe me, this is bittersweet. For the past year and a half I have enjoyed being a member of such a fine website with such great members. If anyone is in the Paramus, NJ area, please stop by the CompUSA and look me up.

Toodle-oo.

-Pete Trauber
ptrauber@mac.com

ahh man.. i guess yer allowed to still ook at the site.. tehehehe..

have fun at your (higher) position at apple!

nice having you around here!

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
good luck with your job. i wish i would have had a better schedule in order to be able to work at the apple store here. i hope you are as happy as every other apple employee i have met.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
:) Good for you! I plan to work for apple at one time or another. Have fun, so I presume when you're lurking you'll know what's going to be released when were all running around in circles guessing.

Have fun!

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
awsome man!! congradulations. have fun ...thats an awsome job. it was good having you on man and take care.

bummer you have to leave though...but hey its a small sacrifice you have to make to be an apple emplyee i guess.

Gigglebyte

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2002
I don't understand

just because you sign a NDA doesn't meen you can't post here..you just can't post any Apple internal information.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
as soon as i finish school with my computer engineering degree i hope to be an "insider"...so i can laugh at all of you when i know something you don't...ohhhh but it would be so tempting to just tell tell tell...ha ha...the chances of working for apple are pretty slim though...so i guess i'll have to study my ass off...

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
The best of luck with the new job. You are working with the best.

BTW, you might want to keep the account, not just for reasons B2TM mentioned, but also because you still can get access to the private forums, in case someone forgot to tell you something. :p

:cool:

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Good luck, you lucky b**tard!!! ;). I hope you enjoy it down there. If you DO ever get the urge to post something, trust me, we won't tell on you :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Good luck!

And I'm really sorry to see anyone be forced to leave - why can't you continue on and be part of the community? Or are you worried that it won't look good and jeapardize your position?

I'd think that as long as you discussed everything else, aliens, cars, artwork, MS, etc, you'd be ok. But I understand and maybe one day you'll be back - one reason not to have your account erased, just have it disabled till you're no longer under 'contract'.

Congrats,

D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Good luck! Paramus is kewl, so hopefully you'll enjoy it there.

Maybe we should all converge on the store at once?

Gigglebyte

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2002
the best thing to remember is if it isn't posted on the apple website don't say anything about it

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
This is a couple of days late, but good luck anyway, I know you'll enjoy working with Apple, just don't let the normal CompUSA scum mess with you. Watch out, those guys will talk a lot of trash about Macs, they seem to think its funny.

Talk about your opertunity for converts...
Go man go.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
wow, congrats!

having been on this site for over two years, i know of a couple who work for apple but are not in any position to know really any more than we do

but i wonder if there is an apple employee who works with new gear or software? ...but doesn't tell anybody here at macrumors? hmmm:D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
You mean [in]CompUSA? That place is a c[explicit] if you are a Mac user. But I am sure you are bound to help a lot of people out with using Macs. I won't give you any tips or suggestions, since I have no idea how to be a salesman, but I am sure you can get around it.

But I'm sure that with all the green and Titanium you get working there, you'll probably want to celebrate with a blue pepsi and chill for a while.

pepsiblue01.jpg

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by King Cobra
You mean [in]CompUSA? That place is a c[explicit] if you are a Mac user. But I am sure you are bound to help a lot of people out with using Macs. I won't give you any tips or suggestions, since I have no idea how to be a salesman, but I am sure you can get around it.

But I'm sure that with all the green and Titanium you get working there, you'll probably want to celebrate with a blue pepsi and chill for a while.

pepsiblue01.jpg

btw...did you get to see my show in sf?

is there really a blue pepsi?

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
compusa is only crap for macusers because the people there don't know anything. so, if people like pete work there, then they can help that change....

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
no, i didn't see your show in sf. i was in me :rolleyes: :D

Sure, there's a blue pepsi. I tasted it and started a thread about it the day it came about in stores everywhere. According to the poll from where I found the image, a majority of people loved the new flavor.

Check out http://www.pepsiblue.com for more info.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
compusa is only crap for macusers because the people there don't know anything. so, if people like pete work there, then they can help that change....

when i worked at office depot, i was the mac guy there...the only one ever...but they sold some mac software and had some cross platform printers and scanners

but as a rule, with less than four percent of the market now using macs, i wouldn't expect any store outside of an apple only store to really give a rip

it is so amazing how rare macs have been getting lately

many people bought imacs and ibooks in 98-99 and 99-01 respectively, but i just have not seen many macs anywhere and it seems to be less and less everyday

if apple's share goes from 3.4 percent down to 2 or 1 percent of the market, that will be a sad day...but i will be that one or two percent until apple calls it quits

if there were no apple, i would go sony or toshiba but never emachines or compaq...my friend has an emachines and i have a compaq and though that is not a scientific measure of accuracy, i don't see either of us staying with those pc brands...plus i prefer my ibook

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.