Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:31 PM   #1
aslowhite
macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've been having a nightmarish experience with MobileMe syncs ever since I bought my iPhone 3GS several months ago. The worst of it are vanishing contact and calendar appointments that have me tearing my hair out. Every so often, for no reason I can discern, a calendar appointment and/or contact info (e.g., phone # or email address) will simply vanish from my iMac G5 and iPhone. I have spent hours with MM tech support to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this problem and been able to fix it? At this point I've had to disable MM syncing b/c I simply cannot afford to lose important data. It's enough to tempt me to go back to my Day-Timer...!!! Clearly I am not getting what I am paying my annual subscription for, and frankly, I'm pretty pissed about it. Any suggestions/advice would be deeply appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by aslowhite; Oct 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM.
aslowhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:25 AM   #2
JuanGuapo
macrumors 6502

Can't say I've had that problem. You might want to try Resetting your sync data.... it's in System Preferences > MobileMe > Advanced...

If the data in your MobileMe "cloud" is corrupted, then push everything from the Mac with the correct data to the cloud. If the opposite, then do it the other way around (rewrite with all data from the cloud).
JuanGuapo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services