Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt-w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
i am currently looking and exploring my options of developing a software suite for mac however i am a web programmer and not a application dev i have thought about using flash to create the front end and using a mySQL backend but i also now need a app portion working with the iPad and have no way to program that so i was wondering if anyone knew of any freelance developers or businesses that did this kind of work in the southern ohio or cincinnati area. any help or even ideas would be great.

Thanks

Matt

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Mod note:

Do not use this forum to look for people to do the work. You can take recommendations for people in your area, but not offer a job on this forum.

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
i am currently looking and exploring my options of developing a software suite for mac however i am a web programmer and not a application dev i have thought about using flash to create the front end and using a mySQL backend but i also now need a app portion working with the iPad and have no way to program that so i was wondering if anyone knew of any freelance developers or businesses that did this kind of work in the southern ohio or cincinnati area. any help or even ideas would be great.

Thanks

Matt

Unrelated to your question, but at some point in your journey to develop this software suite, you'll need to be able to communicate effectively in writing.

lee1210

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
I believe that apps developed in flash then exported to an iOS app from the latest version are being approved since the most recent changes by Apple to the app store terms. If this is the case, sounds like you have the skills you need.

-Lee

GorillaPaws

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I would stop in at a Cocoaheads meeting in your area or send out a message to their local mailing list (if you receive permission--I'm not sure what the policy is about that near you).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.