Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhodent2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Okay, so I have definitely seen where other people have had problems with their MP480's and this error.

This is what happened.
I start printing a paper. Its 18 pages.
4 pages print and then all of a sudden it says, ERROR Paper Jam, please clear the jam and press continue.

So I think, OKAY.

And then there is no paper jam anywhere. There is not even a piece of paper lodged in a single compartment. The last page to print came out clean.

So, I follow tons of advice. Re-installing the printer, restarting the computer, restarting the printer, unplugging and plugging and cleaning and all the menu options and no avail.

Plus! You can't even complete have the menu options because they involve paper and the damn JAM LIE comes up again.

I tried gently turning it upside down and shaking as to "remove unseen blockages" as one site suggested and FAIL.

So I wasted an hour of my life trying to fix it and nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, HOW DID YOU SOLVE IT?

PS I HAVE CONTACTED CANON, I DON'T KNOW WHEN I WILL HEAR BACK.

Kanunu

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2009
Hawaii
Same message on MP470

I got the same message and result so the problem is not unique to either the model or even just your unit. I bought another printer since so it is moot for me but I thought I should ratify your complaint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.