Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:44 PM   #1
rhodent2013
macrumors member

Canon MP480 JAM ERROR LIES

Okay, so I have definitely seen where other people have had problems with their MP480's and this error.

This is what happened.
I start printing a paper. Its 18 pages.
4 pages print and then all of a sudden it says, ERROR Paper Jam, please clear the jam and press continue.

So I think, OKAY.

And then there is no paper jam anywhere. There is not even a piece of paper lodged in a single compartment. The last page to print came out clean.

So, I follow tons of advice. Re-installing the printer, restarting the computer, restarting the printer, unplugging and plugging and cleaning and all the menu options and no avail.

Plus! You can't even complete have the menu options because they involve paper and the damn JAM LIE comes up again.

I tried gently turning it upside down and shaking as to "remove unseen blockages" as one site suggested and FAIL.

So I wasted an hour of my life trying to fix it and nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, HOW DID YOU SOLVE IT?

PS I HAVE CONTACTED CANON, I DON'T KNOW WHEN I WILL HEAR BACK.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:59 PM   #2
Kanunu
macrumors regular

Same message on MP470

I got the same message and result so the problem is not unique to either the model or even just your unit. I bought another printer since so it is moot for me but I thought I should ratify your complaint.
Kanunu is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals