Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:37 AM   #1
gwerhart0800
macrumors 6502

Case Suggestions for use with elementary school students?

My wife is planning to use an iPad with her special needs students. (She is a speech pathologist.) We are looking for a case that is protective for both drops/impacts and dirt, grim, "bodily fluids" (think runny noses), etc. It needs to be something that can be wiped down with a disinfectant between students.

I use an OtterBox Defender on my iPhone 4, but when I look at the Defender for the iPad, it uses a screen protector film ... not the hard polycarbonate that is used in the iPhone 4 case.

So, are there any other suggestions for a case that might be suitable for the "hostile" environment of an elementary school beyond the OtterBox Defender? Does anyone else have experience in using an iPad with elementary school students?

Thanks,
George
gwerhart0800 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
prot0type
macrumors regular

As tough as the ipads screen is, you may still want to consider using a screen protector. Personally, the Defender may still be your best bet as far as protection in that kind of environment. However, I think it may be a bit much as well with the added weight and girth. Maybe some owners of the Defender with kids can chime in?

Alternatively, there's also the iSkin Duo It may not offer the amount of protection the Defender does, but some points to consider are that it's lighter, variety of colors that are "kid friendly" and probably the best selling point is that it was created with microban tech:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	www.iskin.com 2010-10-11 9-59.png
Views:	24
Size:	357.6 KB
ID:	255320  
prot0type is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:28 AM   #3
radiohed
macrumors regular

I would highly recommend the Hard Candy Squish case, along with a screen protector. I have this case and it offers excellent protection and makes the ipad easy to grip.

http://www.hardcandycases.com/squish...ipad-case.html
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Kobra
macrumors regular

I'd recommend the OtterBox Defender, the Griffin Stable or anything else that's simmilar in combination with Zagg Invisible shield or Moshi iVisor for screen protection.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories