Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwerhart0800

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Loveland, CO
My wife is planning to use an iPad with her special needs students. (She is a speech pathologist.) We are looking for a case that is protective for both drops/impacts and dirt, grim, "bodily fluids" (think runny noses), etc. It needs to be something that can be wiped down with a disinfectant between students.

I use an OtterBox Defender on my iPhone 4, but when I look at the Defender for the iPad, it uses a screen protector film ... not the hard polycarbonate that is used in the iPhone 4 case.

So, are there any other suggestions for a case that might be suitable for the "hostile" environment of an elementary school beyond the OtterBox Defender? Does anyone else have experience in using an iPad with elementary school students?

Thanks,
George

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
As tough as the ipads screen is, you may still want to consider using a screen protector. Personally, the Defender may still be your best bet as far as protection in that kind of environment. However, I think it may be a bit much as well with the added weight and girth. Maybe some owners of the Defender with kids can chime in?

Alternatively, there's also the iSkin Duo It may not offer the amount of protection the Defender does, but some points to consider are that it's lighter, variety of colors that are "kid friendly" and probably the best selling point is that it was created with microban tech:

Attachments

• www.iskin.com 2010-10-11 9-59.png
    www.iskin.com 2010-10-11 9-59.png
    357.6 KB · Views: 95

Kobra

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
I'd recommend the OtterBox Defender, the Griffin Stable or anything else that's simmilar in combination with Zagg Invisible shield or Moshi iVisor for screen protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.