Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:24 AM   #1
ExnomenDei
macrumors regular

Cases with a stand that can be docked

I am looking for an iPad case (preferably one with a booklike design like the Apple case) that can be docked. I don't really care if it's the original Apple dock or some other dock that I can purchase, but I really would like a case that I can use both at home and on the go.

Suggestions? I like the Macally Bookstand case for its looks, but I just want something nice that I never have to remove.
ExnomenDei is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:27 AM   #2
sracer
macrumors 68000

The original Apple case can be modified slightly to accomodate the dock. I made a more drastic modification (carefully trimmed the back of the case where the iPad keyboard dock-plate sits. Worked great. Others had good experience trimming a much smaller section off (only about 1/5" - 3/4" section of the back where the dock-plate sits.

I have since moved on to the Macally Bookstand and purchased an iPod dock extension cord ($5) so that I can use the iPad without removing it from the Bookstand and can use it in landscape orientation.
sracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Kobra
macrumors regular

The Griffin Standle might fit your needs. It's not a folio, though it has built in stand for viewing in both landscape and portrait and it can be used for landscape typing. I'd get it myself if I could, but it's not available were I live... there's a few reviews in the Apple store. I haven't found any online in the usuall forums and bloggs.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:19 PM   #4
ExnomenDei
macrumors regular

I'm afraid to say I hate the look of the Griffin Standle.

The Macally Bookstand seems a pretty nice case but I hear a lot of bad things about the quality of the thing. I may just buy another case with a built-in-stand and forgo using a dock, just plugging in a cable and using the built in 'stand' for home-usage.

I'm gonna go look up good folio style cases.
ExnomenDei is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories