Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bubblesayoyo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Okay, so I've got my old ATV (160 gb) set up and everything is fine. My question is, will I be able to stream content from the old ATV to a new ATV (black) plugged into another tv on the same network.

Might be confusing, but here's some more details. I've got my videos/music stored on the old ATV. So if I get a new ATV will that play the files stored on the existing one? Or will the new one only stream from iTunes? Thanks.

Relay44

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2010
Have old atv now have new, ?using both

I have two older atvs and love em, now bought new.
Wondering if There is any benefit to connecting to main tv that already has old atv, which would give me two atvs on that one, any benefit? Other Option is just to use new in bedroom, but rarely watch tv there.

JoeyNine

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2008
Okay, so I've got my old ATV (160 gb) set up and everything is fine. My question is, will I be able to stream content from the old ATV to a new ATV (black) plugged into another tv on the same network.

Might be confusing, but here's some more details. I've got my videos/music stored on the old ATV. So if I get a new ATV will that play the files stored on the existing one? Or will the new one only stream from iTunes? Thanks.

I have yet to buy the new AppleTV, but I do have the old one. I have so much stuff stored on my AppleTV and don't want to have to leave my computer on all day to use with a new one. I hope maybe that there will be some kind of work around to make this happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.