Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
It seems like 4.1 is bringing a bunch of compatibility issues and it is somewhat unstable. is it more trouble than its worth. Gamecenter, HDR, and a lil better prox sensor(mines fine) dont seem like they are worth the trouble?
Anyone else feel the same way/am i missing something?

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
It seems like 4.1 is bringing a bunch of compatibility issues and it is somewhat unstable. is it more trouble than its worth. Gamecenter, HDR, and a lil better prox sensor(mines fine) dont seem like they are worth the trouble?

Lime is completely stable, the apps will be 4.1 compatible before long.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
It's so unstable because it was rushed out but it was rush out for good reason if you ask me. As far as being worth it, people are impatient. Always have to be on the latest and greatest as soon as they can be.

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA

Why is it unstable?

Maybe the first couple beta versions were unstable but it's stable as a rock as far as I can tell right now.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
It's so unstable because it was rushed out but it was rush out for good reason if you ask me. As far as being worth it, people are impatient. Always have to be on the latest and greatest as soon as they can be.

Not true...I didn't want a JB because I wanted the "latest and greatest". I wanted a new JB because my new phone was already on 4.0.2 FW and since it was new, didn't have SHSH for 4.0.1 or below. But now that I'm JB'n, they can wait as long as they wish to release new JB's :)

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
Maybe the first couple beta versions were unstable but it's stable as a rock as far as I can tell right now.

Not from my experience...I ra1ned with the Beta 2 and saw no issues except had to restart phone to see Cydia, not too bad for a Beta 2. Since then I've ra1ned to the RC1 (non-Beta release) and haven't had any issues. All app incompatibilities are due to 4.1, not the ra1n.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

Limera1n JB rushed or not I'm not having any issues at all

mikeee

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2010
Not from my experience...I ra1ned with the Beta 2 and saw no issues except had to restart phone to see Cydia, not too bad for a Beta 2. Since then I've ra1ned to the RC1 (non-Beta release) and haven't had any issues. All app incompatibilities are due to 4.1, not the ra1n.

did you have to restore your phone and re-jailbreak it or did you jailbreak it over the jailbreak that has already been done to your phone?

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
Not true...I didn't want a JB because I wanted the "latest and greatest". I wanted a new JB because my new phone was already on 4.0.2 FW and since it was new, didn't have SHSH for 4.0.1 or below. But now that I'm JB'n, they can wait as long as they wish to release new JB's :)

"It seems like 4.1 is bringing a bunch of compatibility issues and it is somewhat unstable"

From his first sentence on his post. Sounds like we are talking about updating a stable Jb phone to 4.1 not an first time JB on 4.1.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
IMO the improvement in the bluetooth performance as well as the proximity sensor fix (ymmv on that one though) are well worth any extra effort required. And even then, this jailbreak was far easier than what some of the earlier ones used to be. Just not quite as easy as Comex's

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i used beta 4 to JB, and it's working great. make sure don't install to many cydia apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.