Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:57 AM   #1
excommie
macrumors regular

New Apple TV - not connected to the internet

My apple TV works fine 80% of the time, but once in a while after starting it up, it does not automatically join my WiFi network. At this point in need to search for a network, enter my WEP password, then it works fine. This can be very annoying. Anyone else has a similar problem? I'm using Apple Wireless Extreme Router. Signal strength is not an issue.
excommie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:21 AM   #2
DJinTX
macrumors 6502

I only had to enter my wireless password the first time (during setup) and ever since it has joined automatically with no issue.

You might try power cycling the AEBS and the ATV, and see how it behaves after that. If it is still an issue I would probably first try restoring the ATV to factory defaults, and then set it up again. If that didn't work I would be inclined to do a hard reset of the airport extreme and set it up again. Of course I know this can be annoying, so before doing this you might check with Apple first to see if they have any thoughts.
DJinTX is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater