Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:32 AM   #1
hcho3
macrumors 68030

AT&T U-verse/ netflix app with 2GB Data, really?

I maybe missing something here, so please help me out.

I was watching Window 7 phone announcement yesterday and I found it very interesting that AT&T is pushing U-verse app on every window 7 phone devices.

Isn't every smartphone on AT&T including iPhone and Window 7 devices have 2GB data at best unless you already have unlimited plan?

Doesn't U-verse app or Netflix app use data while you stream video over the air?
Don't these apps use lots and lots of data? So, why in the hell AT&T is trying to cap the data to 2GB and trying to make people use these video apps?
Or am I missing a big picture?

I think AT&T is trying to make people go over, so they can charge us more. What do you all think?
hcho3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:39 AM   #2
Mr Kram
macrumors 65816

at&t is not forcing anyone to use the app, it's just providing an option for uverse customers. also, if you have a wifi connection, then the data doesn't count against your plan. same goes for netflix.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:04 PM   #3
iphone1105
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcho3 View Post
I think AT&T is trying to make people go over, so they can charge us more. What do you all think?
How are they making you go over the cap? Ummm, iPhones have wifi, if you're relying soley on 3G to stream your stuff, then you have issues, 'cuz wifi is pretty much everywhere.

Dont' use your data plan, use wifi if you need to....pretty simple no???
iphone1105 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone