Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
I maybe missing something here, so please help me out.

I was watching Window 7 phone announcement yesterday and I found it very interesting that AT&T is pushing U-verse app on every window 7 phone devices.

Isn't every smartphone on AT&T including iPhone and Window 7 devices have 2GB data at best unless you already have unlimited plan?

Doesn't U-verse app or Netflix app use data while you stream video over the air?
Don't these apps use lots and lots of data? So, why in the hell AT&T is trying to cap the data to 2GB and trying to make people use these video apps?
Or am I missing a big picture?

I think AT&T is trying to make people go over, so they can charge us more. What do you all think?

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
at&t is not forcing anyone to use the app, it's just providing an option for uverse customers. also, if you have a wifi connection, then the data doesn't count against your plan. same goes for netflix.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I think AT&T is trying to make people go over, so they can charge us more. What do you all think?

How are they making you go over the cap? Ummm, iPhones have wifi, if you're relying soley on 3G to stream your stuff, then you have issues, 'cuz wifi is pretty much everywhere.

Dont' use your data plan, use wifi if you need to....pretty simple no???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.