Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Can someone provide a brief explanation of what the nightly build is? And where do I get it. I've seen the nightly build page with HB but I don't understand how to get and run it (them?).

I assume it's a deluxe preset of some kind?

Thanks....

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
http://build.handbrake.fr/

That is where to get the nightly builds. Basically a nightly build is a build of the software that is not really released to the public. Sort of Alpha. It includes changes they made recently. But it is not a formal release to the public.

techguy40

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
Can someone provide a brief explanation of what the nightly build is? And where do I get it. I've seen the nightly build page with HB but I don't understand how to get and run it (them?).

Thanks....

Nightly builds are the latest updates to handbrake.

Get it Here: https://build.handbrake.fr/

Best setting for the Apple TV is High Profile. Change RF to 18 and turn off filters.

williedigital

Cancelled
Oct 4, 2005

Thanks....

Multiple programmers are making changes to a program on a daily basis. Once a day they "freeze" all the changes and hit "print" and this becomes the nightly build. Over time, most changes turn out to be useful and are kept in for the next release version of the software. A few changes break things, and are "found" as the days go on. On any given day a nightly build might have a completely broken, but usually it wont. I DL a nightly build about once a month and use it until the next month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.