Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dp84

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Hello,

Yesterday I created a bootcamp partition and installed Windows 7 64bit (only for gaming).

After the installation Win7 had already identified all the hardware, except the Bluetooth adapter (but i seen the drivers in the Windows Update) and the video driver (same as the bluetooth).

Then I put in my OSX DVD and installed "bootcamp software". It installed various drivers (chipset, video, bt etc.).

Now my question is: are this the correct method or maybe is better install only the missing drivers, after a clean OS install? Because now I can't uninstall ATI drivers (the are 10.7 rev.), I have not the CCC (for adjusting some setting, i.e. forcing v-sysnc) etc.

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
The way I always do it is;

Install Windows
Update Windows
Install Boot Camp
Manually update graphics drivers to latest available on their site.

The drivers that come with Boot Camp are good, but the manufacturers ones are always better and will (hopefully) improve performance.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010

Install Windows
Update Windows
Install Boot Camp

The drivers that come with Boot Camp are good, but the manufacturers ones are always better and will (hopefully) improve performance.

That's what I do with one addition, I've learned to pull the HFS+ drivers in Win7. I don't know about anyone else, but I can consistently make the Win7 bluescreen with those drivers by mounting then unmounting a drive formatted with HFS+.

dp84

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010

Install Windows
Update Windows
Install Boot Camp

Thank you

It's exactly what I did, exept the last point.
So it's not a problem install the last ATI drivers above the bootcamp video drivers? Maybe It's better use DriverCleaner before?

gugucom

macrumors 68020
May 21, 2009
Munich, Germany
So it's not a problem install the last ATI drivers above the bootcamp video drivers? Maybe It's better use DriverCleaner before?
I never had a problem with that. The ATI driver should be better. Do not use unnecessary cleaner software.

You should check in hardware manager if all drivers have installed properly.

dp84

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I never had a problem with that. The ATI driver should be better. Do not use unnecessary cleaner software.

You should check in hardware manager if all drivers have installed properly.

great ;)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Get a new drive or partition an old one in Disk Utility.
Put in Windows DVD and reboot.
Boot into Windows DVD and install.
Install BootCamp drivers off disk and reboot.
Install Windows updates and reboot.
Install the latest video drivers to maximize video performance.
Enter preferences to set my OS X boot as the default.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.