Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:22 PM   #1
ykoussaifi
macrumors newbie

how to transfer applications from 1 ipad to another

I have bought a used 16 GB Ipad wifi, on which there are around 500 applicaton. I also own a 64 GB 3G Ipad. I want to transfer the applications from the newly bought ipad , to my other one.. i tried to sync it , but itunes is saying that it will remove all apps from the ipad if i want to sync... how can i transfer the applications?
ykoussaifi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:39 PM   #2
MacDawg
macrumors P6

I am no expert on such matters, but I don't think it is possible
The apps on the iPad you bought are still tied to the iTunes account of the seller
You purchased the iPad, not the apps

I am sure someone will correct my thinking if I am off base though
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:56 PM   #3
gbfabiani
macrumors newbie

share apps wit 2 IPAD

I am doing it , not always easy to manage and complicate when updates are re quested .... I used following tips :
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=920843
gbfabiani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:22 AM   #4
StarLog
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykoussaifi View Post
I have bought a used 16 GB Ipad wifi, on which there are around 500 applicaton. I also own a 64 GB 3G Ipad. I want to transfer the applications from the newly bought ipad , to my other one.. i tried to sync it , but itunes is saying that it will remove all apps from the ipad if i want to sync... how can i transfer the applications?
Say it is your wifes ipad.

On her pc, log her out and you in, authorize your account.
Download the prepurchased apps she wants.
log out and log her back in, plug in her ipad and sync apps...
StarLog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Jimjoke
macrumors newbie

Question?

All of my apps were bought on several different iTunes accounts! I am waiting to go return iPad2 for replacement but I am hesitant because I don't know if all my aps will be able to transfer??...... Anyone?
Jimjoke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:51 PM   #6
sophiak
macrumors newbie

Is there a limit to how many times you can de-authorize an account and is there a way you can see all the accounts that are authorized to the computer?
sophiak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykoussaifi View Post
The apps are not yours just because they were on an iPad which you bought. You own the iPad but not the apps.

Last edited by Ashwood11; Feb 23, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Ashwood11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:06 AM   #8
jonkersuk
macrumors newbie

All your apps will transfer across from your different accounts but you will need to login each time to each different account to pull them down or update the apps.
jonkersuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:41 PM   #9
poloponies
macrumors 68030

There's no way to keep those apps anywhere but on the device. They're forever tied to the original purchaser's account - and that holds true for updates as well.
poloponies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:16 PM   #10
MonkeyBrainz
Banned

1) Plug in whatever device you want to back up the apps from
2) Right-click your device icon in iTunes and select the option to transfer you purchased apps to iTunes
3) Plug in any other devices you want to get the apps from and repeat the process
4) Plug in the device you want to transfer the apps to from iTunes
5) Highlight your device's icon so that on the right side it shows the Restore and Check for update options.
6) On the top there are tabs that should say "info" "apps" etc...
7) Click the Apps icon and then in the screen below select to sync apps. This will delete apps from your device but you can now sync the apps you transferred to iTunes to your new device

Please note that any apps you purchased will not work without the originating Apple ID you bought them from so you will have to use the same Apple ID in your new iPad.
MonkeyBrainz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting