Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
This is my first Apple and I am making the switch from PC. I am glad to join the Apple family:)!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
greenguy4 you'll not regret it for at least two weeks hen hey'll release updates gallore to the sofware you woulda' got free and you'll kick you r self!

the iBook a great machine, just accept techno-churn.

personally I'd have waited until 12h just in case of updates but hey I'm drunk.

Sincer welcome to worthwhile community if you need any help just call on good ol' macrumours, we're great!

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Specs

iBook 14" 1.33GHz Combo
512MB DDR266 (256MB built-in & 256MB SO-DIMM)
80GB Ultra ATA drive
Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
AirPort Extreme Card
Bluetooth Module
Keyboard & Mac OS X - U.S. English

Thats from the order page--and you guys know of any accessories that are good to get--I saw some talk of a keyboard cover....anything else?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
greenguy4 said:
Thats from the order page--and you guys know of any accessories that are good to get--I saw some talk of a keyboard cover....anything else?

A great case (do a search on the forums)
an external mouse/keyboard for at home
Welcome to the Mac club. :cool:

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
mpw said:
greenguy4 you'll not regret it for at least two weeks hen hey'll release updates gallore to the sofware you woulda' got free and you'll kick you r self!

(S)he, has a 30 day time frame if any new software after MWSF 2005 is released and set to be bundled with the future iBooks, (s)he can obtain it for free by heading down to an Apple store or calling Apple and they will ship it for 10-20 USD. :)

Welcome to the Family :)

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
The last ibook update was something like 8 months ago. Newer ibooks may be quietly released several days after MWSF.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
m a y a said:
(S)he, has a 30 day time frame if any new software after MWSF 2005 is released and set to be bundled with the future iBooks, (s)he can obtain it for free by heading down to an Apple store or calling Apple and they will ship it for 10-20 USD. :)

sorry to hijack a thread, but for instance if they release iLife 05 or tiger or something, i can go to a local apple store with like some proof of purchase and get it free since i ordered my emac in late december?

Mertzen

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2004
]KLGA[
homerjward said:
sorry to hijack a thread, but for instance if they release iLife 05 or tiger or something, i can go to a local apple store with like some proof of purchase and get it free since i ordered my emac in late december?

It all depends on the grace period ..

But most of the times it is after it has been released but not included in the boxes ..

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
homerjward said:

This is true when you have the "i"and "e"line Mac's.

So if you have an iBook, iMac, or eMac yes you will get it free.

You bought your "i" or "e" line Mac in late december yes you will get iLife 2005 free and also whatever they are going to package with the new low end Mac's lets say for example "iWork". As long as the application came bundled with your Mac and its outdate with a new version released all you need is proof and its 30 days. I am looking forward to getting free upgrades.

I can also obtain my upgrades from a 3rd party Apple Reseller store. :)

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
Mertzen said:
It all depends on the grace period ..

But most of the times it is after it has been released but not included in the boxes ..

It all depends since you have a 30 day return policy and Apple would rather give you the free update then to take the product back. They are very helpful in this regard. :)

A day over 30 days and you can kiss this nice software upgrade out the door. :)

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
m a y a said:
This is true when you have the "i"and "e"line Mac's.

So if you have an iBook, iMac, or eMac yes you will get it free.

You bought your "i" or "e" line Mac in late december yes you will get iLife 2005 free and also whatever they are going to package with the new low end Mac's lets say for example "iWork". As long as the application came bundled with your Mac and its outdate with a new version released all you need is proof and its 30 days. I am looking forward to getting free upgrades.

I can also obtain my upgrades from a 3rd party Apple Reseller store. :)
that's pretty awesome, even though i'd have to drive to austin to get to an apple store. now i dont feel like an idiot for buying when i did! :D

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
m a y a said:

Really.... Thats intresting. :counting days since i bought an ibook for my dad for christmas: hmm i think im over. Damn!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.